4.2.2 CyanogenMod 10.1 Nightly Jelly Bean ROM on Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3100.
Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3100 users can now enjoy the latest Jelly Bean features on their device, with due release of Android 4.2.2 CyanogenMod 10.1 (CM10.1) Nightly ROM from the CyanogenMod Team. CM10.1 ROM is a popular custom ROM based on the original Android Open Source Project (AOSP) release, which brings highly-customisable features to stock-like firmware to deliver the ultimate Android experience for the discerning, power users.
NOTE: As the firmware is a nightly release, it may ship with untested bugs or broken features leading to FC errors, boot loops, app crashes or in the worst case cause boot failure. If any such issue occurs, just reinstall stock firmware or any other stable custom ROM to fix it.
Key Points to Note
- CyanogenMod 10.1 Nightly ROM and the instructions given in this guide are applicable to the Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3100 model only and will not work on any other device. Verify the device's model number by navigating to Settings > About Tablet.
- Verify that the correct USB drivers are installed for the Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 on the computer (download USB drivers).
- Back up important data and settings on the tablet by using one of the recommended custom recovery tools such as ClockworkMod (CWM) or TWRP recovery, in order to prevent data loss during firmware installation.
- Perform a Dalvik Cache Wipe before continuing from recovery mode.
- Samsung KIES will not recognise the tablet after installing the Android 4.2.2 CyanogenMod 10.1 Nightly ROM, as it is a custom release.
- Make sure that USB Debugging mode is enabled on the tablet by navigating to Settings > Developer Options (if the device is running Android 4.0 or later) or go to Settings > Applications > Development (if the tablet is running Android 2.3 or earlier). If the device is running Android 4.2, do the following steps:
- Go to Settings > About Tablet.
- Scroll down to the bottom and select Build Number.
- Tap the Build Number for seven times to unlock or reveal the hidden Developer Options under Settings. Now, select the checkbox to enable USB Debugging mode under Settings > Developer Options.
- Ensure that the tablet has at least 85 per cent battery charge before proceeding with the firmware installation.
- Verify that the device is factory unlockedand rooted with CWM recovery installed.
- The instructions provided in this guide are meant for reference purpose only. IBTimes UK will not be held liable for any damage to the device during or after firmware installation. Users must proceed at their own risk.
How to Install Android 4.2.2 CyanogenMod 10.1 Nightly Jelly Bean ROM on Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3100
Step 1 - Download Android 4.2.2 CM10.1 Nightly Jelly Bean ROM and Google Apps for Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 on the computer.
Step 2 - Connect and mount the tablet's USB mass storage on computer with the USB cable.
Step 3 - Copy the downloaded Android 4.2.2 CM10.1 ROM zip and Google Apps zip files to the root folder on the tablet's SD card.
Step 4 - Then switch off the tablet and disconnect its USB cable from computer.
Step 5 - Boot the tablet into CWM Recovery by pressing and holding Volume Down and Power buttons together.
Step 6 - In CWM recovery, do a full data wipe first. Then navigate to Flash zip from SD card option and hit Power button to select it.
Step 7 - Tap Power button again and click Choose zip from SD card.
Step 8 - Use volume keys to navigate to Android 4.2.2 ROM zip file that you copied earlier to the tablet's SD card and select it by tapping the Power button. Confirm the ROM installation on next screen and the installation process will begin.
NOTE: Repeat this step for installing Google Apps as well.
Step 9 - Once both the ROM and Google Apps are installed, hit Go Back and reboot the tablet by tapping Reboot System Now in the recovery menu. The tablet will reboot and the first boot may take about 5 minutes to complete. So, leave it alone.
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 is now running the latest Android 4.2.2 CM10.1 Nightly Jelly Bean ROM. Go to Settings > About Tablet to verify the firmware version installed.
[Source: Team Android]
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail: