Sony Unveils PlayStation 4 Gaming Console
By Vijaykumar Meti | February 21, 2013 5:42 PM EST
At the event, Sony revealed some details of the gaming console but the actual hardware was not show. The company also said the gaming console would be available in the market for this year holiday season, but did not disclose the pricing.
The new gaming device is redefined with rich and interesting game play with powerful processor and better graphics. It also comes with a redesigned controller - the Dual Shock 4 featuring a touch pad on it just like PlayStation Vita and an 8GB of unified system memory.
"The future of PlayStation is about great games and inspiring new experience from the world's best creators," said Micheal Denny, head of Sony's Worldwide Studios. "With new synergy between the hardware, software and the PlayStation Network will allow them to collaborate on the canvas of unbridled creativity."
Sony introduced many new features in the console including the social network integration and as claimed by earlier report, it will let users stream and play games that are hosted on servers.
The integration of social networking will allow PS4 users to share gaming experience with friends through social networking sites such as Facebook. Gamer just needs to hit the "Share" button on the controller, which then captures and uploads the last few minutes of the played game.
Sony also showed some videogames at the PS4 unveiling event including "Knack," "Killzone: Shadow Fall," "Driveclub," "The Witness," "Infamous: Second Son" and "Down Deep." The company also said many developers are currently working on games for the PS4 including Electronic Arts, Sega, Rockstar Games, Capcorn, Activision and Lucasarts.
While Sony has unveiled its new gaming console, there are speculations in the industry that Microsoft too has set to unveil the successor of Xbox 360 this year. Xbox 360, the currently leading gaming console, beats the PlayStation 3 with its features like voice commands and interactive gaming and better connectivity to smartphones and tablets.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]
- 16GB iPhone 6 for $99 at Sam’s Club is the Best 2014 Black Friday Deal Around
- Lumia Update Will Come Soon Confirms Microsoft
- Nuclear War: Putin Certain To Launch Battle To Avoid Corruption Charges, Whistleblower Claims