BSE Sensex Drops as Losses in ICICI, ITC Weigh
February 21, 2013 4:36 PM EST
The Sensex falls 0.86 percent and the Nifty slips 0.82 percent. Domestic shares fall in line with weak global shares that fell on market talk that a hedge fund had been liquidating large positions in commodities, as well as worries the Federal Reserve could slow its bond buying program.
The MSCI's broadest index of Asia-Pacific shares outside Japan tumbles 1.8 percent, Hong Kong shares slides 1.6 percent while Tokyo's Nikkei stock average falls 1.26 percent.
Banks' advances grew 8.7 percent so far this fiscal year, compared with 11.2 percent a year earlier, while deposit growth was 7.8 percent compared with 11.4 percent in the same period a year earlier.
Shriram Transport Finance Co Ltd (SRTR.NS) shares sink 7 percent after U.S. private equity firm TPG Capital planned to sell part of its stake in the company to raise about $300 million, according to a term sheet seen by Reuters.
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’
- Canada Raises National Terror Alert Level after Suspected Jihadist Runs Over Soldier
- Galaxy Note 4: Best Big-Screen Phone, Says Samsung; Analysts Believe Note 4 Unlikely To Beat iPhone 6 Plus [Watch Video]