BSE Sensex Drops as Losses in ICICI, ITC Weigh
February 21, 2013 4:36 PM EST
The Sensex falls 0.86 percent and the Nifty slips 0.82 percent. Domestic shares fall in line with weak global shares that fell on market talk that a hedge fund had been liquidating large positions in commodities, as well as worries the Federal Reserve could slow its bond buying program.
The MSCI's broadest index of Asia-Pacific shares outside Japan tumbles 1.8 percent, Hong Kong shares slides 1.6 percent while Tokyo's Nikkei stock average falls 1.26 percent.
Banks' advances grew 8.7 percent so far this fiscal year, compared with 11.2 percent a year earlier, while deposit growth was 7.8 percent compared with 11.4 percent in the same period a year earlier.
Shriram Transport Finance Co Ltd (SRTR.NS) shares sink 7 percent after U.S. private equity firm TPG Capital planned to sell part of its stake in the company to raise about $300 million, according to a term sheet seen by Reuters.
Most Popular Slideshows
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Getting Serious With Jennifer Lawrence, Actress Joining Coldplay Tour [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Firms Up as iWatch Rollout Delayed to Jan 2015 – Reports
- Apple iOS 8 vs Android 5.0 L: OS Wars Puts Android to Lower while Apple to Higher
- North Korea Banker Who Manages Money of Kim Jong-un Defects to Russia With $5 Million
- Malaysia Airlines to Axe 4,000 Employees, Including CEO; Suspends Trading of Shares
- Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7, Nexus 10 New Paranoid Android 4.5 Beta 2 Update Guide
- US And Australia Share Visa And Immigration Information
- Finally, OnePlus One Can Be Purchased Without An Invite; Pre-Order Starts From October