HTC M7 One vs Sony Xperia Z: Buyers compare specs, cameras, retail prices
By Arlene Paredes | February 21, 2013 3:54 PM EST
HTC M7 One is how many gadget buyers know the latest HTC flagship phone. The official name, however, is simply HTC One. Now those looking into buying their new smartphone for the year can start comparing from One to Z -- as in Xperia Z, Sony's new waterproof and dustproof 2013 smartphone entrant.
HTC One Screen vs Sony Xperia Z Screen Display
HTC One features a 4.7-in 1080p Super LCD 3 screen display (468 ppi). It weighs 143 g and measures 9.3mm slim. Sony Xperia Z displays 5-in diagonal IPS (441 ppi). Z weighs 140 g and measures 7.9 mm slim. Sony is using its Reality Display with Mobile Bravia Engine 2 for its new flagship smartphone.
Compare HTC One vs Xperia Z Under the Hood
One is a formidable mini-computer with a 1.7Ghz quad-core Snapdragon 600 processor and 2GB of DDR RAM. Xperia Z is also robust with a 1.5Ghz quad-core Snapdragon S4 processor and 2GB of RAM. Both phones provide support for 4G/LTE and NFC connectivity.
HTC One buyers may choose from 32GB and 64GB options. But expect no microSD support. Xperia Z allows external storage for up to 32GB expansion. Both phones will run on Android 4.1 Jelly Bean out of the box, but immediate updates are expected.
HTC One vs Sony Xperia Z: Camera, BuzzWords
HTC One offers a 4MP "UltraPixel" and 2.1 MP primary and secondary cameras. The buzz word here is UltraPixel, and it is married to the Zoe function. These features enable the shooter to take in more light and some high-res 3-second videos despite the relatively small MP count.
Xperia Z has a 13MP secondary camera for mobile photography enthusiasts. Shooters can choose from a variety of options, and can confidently print larger scale of their photos. Sony's Exmor RS sensor technology enhances the Z's camera.
Other buzz words for Sony Xperia Z are OptiContrast and OmniBalance - the former takes care of beautiful display, the other makes sure there is symmetry on the phone's design.
HTC One vs Sony Xperia Z: Battery
The HTC One uses a Li-polymer 2300 mAh battery. It's Li-Ion 2330 mAh for Xperia Z, which also uses Sony Stamina Mode to extend the phone's battery life up to 90 per cent.
HTC M7 Australia, Xperia Z Price in AUD
Aussie buyers can choose between HTC One and Sony Xperia Z. Both devices are coming to Australia. The Xperia Z price tag is marked $749 on MobiCity.com.au. The new HTC One costs $759. The online store is now accepting pre-orders for both devices, with the arrival expected from late February to March 1st.
VIDEO: HTC One First Look
VIDEO: Sony Xperia Z First Look
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Andrew Robb Asks Obama Not to ‘Lecture’ Australia on Climate Change
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James