BlackBerry Z10 vs. HTC One: The BB10 Prodigy Against the 'Re-inventor' of Android
By Gilda Galang | February 21, 2013 3:21 PM EST
HTC One has just been launched, and is now looking at a March release date, so it's only fitting to see how it stacks up against the supposed contender for third place in the smartphone industry, the BlackBerry Z10.
What most people have already been is the similarity of the both the Z10 and the HTC One to the slab-like shape of the iPhone 5.
Admittedly, compared to the obviously rounded shape of the Samsung Galaxy S 3, both the HTC One and the Z10 have a longish, angular torso with slight curves at the corners, ultimately a clean finish for both phones.
HTC One does stand out with its unibody chassis, and gives a stylistic accent that is a trademark of the HTC brand, reports Know Your Mobile.
On the other hand, BlackBerry Z10 is also geared up in the exterior finishing department. Not to be outdone by a classic look, the Z10 features a rubbery, easy-to-grip feel to the phone aside from the premium plastic feel of the phone.
As the poster boy of the BlackBerry 10 OS, the Z10 has shown itself to be aggressively promoting and improving its main asset. So far the upgrade has shown promise with the BlackBerry Hub, where users can access every media and social connection that they may need.
In addition, there's also BlackBerry World with its growing number of apps (from Day 1's 70,000). Of course, this doesn't prove the BB10 prototype an all-powerful device, considering how the most basic apps like Netflix, YouTube, and Google Maps are yet to make their appearance in the hub, reports Stuff.
For HTC One, it went with the Android, going so far as to aim for a one-glance-shows-all approach using the BlinkFeed for any updates in your social media. But you have to remember that by going with Android, the HTC One X trumps the Z10's 70,000 BlackBerry World apps with its more than 700,000.
If you're the type who wants to do everything on your smartphone-and that includes reading ebooks or watching videos, you may prefer the HTC One X for its 4.7-inch screen.
But if you're just looking for resolution capabilities, the Z10 and the HTC One are pretty much at par with one another, with the BlackBerry Z10 taking it up a bit more at 1280 x 768 resolution, reports Sortable.
So far, the BlackBerry Z10's camera has been pitted with bigwigs like the Samsung Galaxy S 3 and the Google Nexus 4, and it has proven itself a venerable competition with its 8-megapixel camera ad 1080p video, plus a Time Shift feature to select and edit the best photo in a bunch.
And it seems that the round of cameras will once again be in favor of the Z10. The specs alone showcase a much better camera, considering HTC One's 4-megapixel camera with a similar 1080p video. It does, however, have an optical stabilization feature, which, according to HTC, is an improvement on the shutter speed of a smartphone camera for crisper images.
RAM and Memory
When the Z10 entered the market, it seemed like the underdog for only having a 16GB memory. But its capability of a microSD for up to 32 GB of storage takes it back in the game.
However, those who want their space may have a bigger shot at HTC One's 32 GB or 64 GB internal storage options, according to The Verge.
Of course, bear in mind that the HTC One does not allow external storage, so if you are the type who need all the space you can get a.k.a. use a microSD to expand your memory even more, then the Z10 is a no-brainer in this category.
In term of RAM, the Z10 also takes the cake, defeating HTC One's 1GB of RAM with its 2GB, for better media-heavy browsing.
For battery, the HTC One has the trump card with a 2,300mAh compared to BlackBerry Z10's 1,800mAh. But aside for the Z10 lasting up to 10 hours, according to The Verge, the removable battery allows you to keep a spare and alternately recharge for emergencies.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Sims 4' First Expansion Pack To Roll Out Tomorrow With Halloween Theme Via Teaser Images
- The Pirate Bay Contains Malicious Advertisements: Using TPB Can Infect Your Computer With Malware
- Get Invite Codes to Ello the Social Networking Site That Is Viral On the Internet
- Windows Insider Program: How to Get Windows 10 the Next Generation Operating System
- ‘Destiny’ New DLC For PlayStation And Xbox: Future Missions, Strikes And Raids Revealed
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build