Toy Story 4 Happening? Disney Neither Denies nor Confirms
By Ayessa Desiderio | February 21, 2013 3:04 PM EST
Rumors of a fourth installment to the high-grossing Pixar film, Toy Story, drove the Twitterverse crazy, as fans react to a tweet from a Columbian radio executive, saying the potential sequel is set to be release in 2015. The claim even added that Tom Hanks, Tim Allen, and Joan Cusack will return for voiceover duties.
"Pixar confirmed the release of Toy Story 4 in 2015, featuring the voices of Tom Hanks, Tim Allen and Joan Cusack for the main characters," Jorge Luis Balaguera tweeted in Spanish.
Disney and Pixar, however, have not completely ruled out the possibility of a sequel, stating that 'nothing official' has been announced yet about a new Toy Story movie.
But considering the full list of films Pixar has lined up until the supposed release of Toy Story 4 in 2015 -- Monsters University this summer, The Good Dinosaur this May, and another untitled pixar movie set for June 2015 -- looks like there's little chance for an installment happening on the reported date.
However, it must be remembered that this isn't the first time that rumors about Toy Story 4 have circulated. Actor Tom Hanks, who voices Sheriff Woody Pride, first sparked the rumors back in 2011 when he told BBC radio that a fourth Toy Story film was already in development.
"I think there will be. Yeah, yeah. They're working on it now," Hanks claimed.
Despite the somehow perfect end to the multi-million dollar franchise in Toy Story 3, fans are still greatly looking forward to another adventure with Woody, Buzz, and the rest of the gang. But in the meantime, fans can content themselves with two upcoming Toy Story TV specials, including Toy Story of Terror, which is set for release later this year on ABC or Disney Channel.
Toy Story of Terror is said to take the franchise back to its roots, sinceToy Story was orginally conceived to be a TV project until they changed the idea into a full-fledged feature.
Meanwhile, here's a live-action remake of Toy Story that went viral early this year:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- 'Star Wars 7': Luke Skywalker Exiled, Turns Into Powerful Wizard
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice’: Leaked Videos Show Batmobile In Motion; Vehicle Reportedly 'Stolen'
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’: Black Panther Powerful Than Ultron, Can Be New Iron Man
- The Pirate Bay Founder Gottfrid Svartholm Trial’s Second Week: TPB Founder’s Co-Defendant Answers Questions Plus Jacob Appelbaum Appears
- Miley Cyrus Naked Picture In Bathroom: 'Bangerz' Singer Shares The Racy Picture With Fans
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date