Sony PS4 Rumors: Playstation Scheduled for a November Launch at US$429 Price
By Jenalyn Villamarin | February 21, 2013 3:04 PM EST
Sony has just unveiled the PS4 in a New York event and the curiosity on the Playstation's availability and price started to swarm numerous web sites. Kotaku web site claimed that Sony will launch the PS4 on November with a price of US$429 or US$529 depending on the internal memory capacity.
According to the Japanese newspaper Asahi Shimbun report, the Sony PS4 could be offered with a price of £270. Some consumers may find the pricing cheap but the Sony PS3 cost only £250 in Japan during its November 2006 release while the United Kingdom customers were offered a price of £425. The current PS4 release may hold a similar pricing strategy with its gaming console predecessor yet experts think the PS4 will be worth more than £250 in Japan this time.
Sony has reportedly made some major alterations to the latest PlayStation gaming console. It includes improvements on the controller as well as the internal mechanics which will allow faster and more powerful operations compared to the upcoming Xbox 720.
For other features and specifications, Kotaku further claimed that the PS4 will offer a built in PlayStation Eye with a 640×480 resolution. The VG247 games site recently suggested the PS4 will have the ability to run at approximately 1.84 teralops compared to the Microsoft's console at only 1.23 teralops. Sony PS4 reportedly shows off with its 4GB RAM where 3GB is allotted for games while the remaining 1GB is for the OS.
Though Sony PS4 has been formally unveiled, other reports claim the latest gaming console will have its official release in Japan and the United States before 2013 ends. Games developers will then have ample time to work on the PS4 until its worldwide introduction at the annual games expo E3 in Berlin this June. In Europe and the United Kingdom, the Sony PS4 release is expected some time in January or February 2014.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge and Note 4 Designer Secrets: Behind The Materials, Edge Screen And S Pen
- Sony Xperia Z3, Z1, Z1 Compact And Z Ultra Latest Firmware 23.0.A.2.108 And 14.4.A.0.155 Certified
- Android 5.0 Lollipop For Sony Xperia Z Devices Arriving By 2015; Z Ultra GPE Update Confirmed In 2014
- 'The Sims 4' Mac Version: Bugs, Missing Elements Players Must Be Prepared Of
- 'Destiny' vs. 'Titanfall': New Legendary Gears Spotted And Update 8 Features Detailed
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories