HTC One Hits Australia to Take Down Competition: Where to Buy [VIDEO]
By Kristin Dian Mariano | February 21, 2013 2:18 PM EST
Taiwanese mobile manufacturer HTC unveiled its latest handset in Australia today after its simultaneous launch in New York and London yesterday. The device will battle head on with the titans in the smartphone market.
The HTC One is powered by Google's Android, but the company has distinguished it from rivals by using new software to replace icons on the home screen with a personalised stream of news articles, social networking updates, photos and video.
HTC's CEO Peter Chou said in London that the BlinkFeed feature would reinvigorate the smartphone experience. "BlinkFeed transforms your home screen into a live feed of information that matters to you," he said.
The new smartphone from HTC wowed critics and reviewers at the launch events in New York. The new handset offers a 1.7 GHz quad-core processor; Near Field Communication; LTE mobile broadband; stereo speakers; a big, 4.7 inch screen with a 468 pixel-per-inch resolution; and a 4 "ultrapixels" camera. The handset is available in black and white color variants.
HTC released successful smartphones in the past such as HTC One and HTC Desire series.
Informa Telecoms and Media analyst Julian Jest said that the new smartphone would help HTC to differentiate its brand from the typical Android offering. "The introduction of HTC One has come at an ideal time - iPhone sales are slowing down and advanced users are now desperately looking for more innovative devices to satisfy their appetite to explore the new technology horizons," he said.
After the March release date, it is expected that the device will be available through resellers as well as online retailers. Thus, be on the lookout for deals and discounts for the new HTC handset.
Watch the first look video of HTC One below.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys