Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Release Date Nears; Galaxy Note 2 Sold for $70 in Amazon
By Kristin Dian Mariano | February 21, 2013 1:26 PM EST
Another evidence of the imminent release of the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 emerged as an incredibly cheap Galaxy Note 2 was found in retail giant Amazon sold for $70.
According to reports, Amazon is currently offering the Note 2 for a reduced price tag of $70. However, the handset is locked to US carrier Sprint. Even if the phablet is SIM-locked to a carrier, IBTimes AU found a way to help users unlock their Samsung Galaxy S3 and Note 2 devices in five easy steps.
Last week, a low cost SIM free Galaxy Note 2 was also found in Amazon. According to uSwitch, Amazon has listed the SIM free Samsung Galaxy Note 2 for just US$190. Such a massive reduction in the price of this handset has further increased speculation about the imminent arrival of the Samsung Galaxy Note 3.
It is speculated that the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 would make its grand debut at the 2013 Mobile World Congress in Barcelona next week in its keynote. The rumours are fuelled by the significant price drop of the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 at some resellers early this month.
The Samsung Galaxy Note 2 remains one of the most popular smartphone models on the market, after quickly becoming a commercial success since its launch back in September 2012. The device is of course a follow-up to the original Samsung Galaxy Note, which was launched in 2011.
On the other hand, the latest rumours claimed that Samsung Galaxy Note 3 will have Air View-like capabilities both when using the S-Pen and your finger. As you probably, the Galaxy Note 2 already has a floating touch gesture feature, but, for the time being its functionality is only limited to the proximity sensor. The device will also boot an improve S-Pen stylus.
The upcoming Samsung Galaxy Note 3 is also rumoured to have a massive 6.3 inch flexible screen display and Samsug's newest eight core processor. Samsung is also speculated to put a generous 70% increase in battery life, and at this time wireless carrier availability and pricing has not been revealed.
A spokesman for Samsung said that the company does not comment on the rumours surrounding its devices.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Nexus 6 Likely Confirmed as Motorola 5.9-Inch Phablet on Release Date – Report
- Apple on 5.5-inch iPhone 6 Release Will Not Happen Until 2015 with Stocks Poised to Soar
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: Parents of Australian Passenger Want ‘Space Scientists’ to Investigate Crash; Believe in ‘Possibility’ of Survival -- Report
- Childhood Obesity is Strongly Linked With Early Puberty: Study Reveals
- Why Internet of Things is the Next Big Thing for Tech Giants like Samsung, Google and Apple
- Instagram's Newest App Bolt Now Available Exclusively in New Zealand, Singapore and South Africa
- Megan Fox's Weight Loss Aided by Low Carb Paleo Diet: Benefits of the Diet