Apple’s iPhone 5S Price Ranges from $199 to $300?
By Kristin Dian Mariano | February 21, 2013 11:34 AM EST
It is still unknown whether the aforementioned price will be the price of an unlocked iPhone or under a contract with carriers. However, the incredibly cheap price will definitely attract a lot of consumers in many parts of the world, especially in big Asian markets such as India and China.
Previous reports claimed that the cheaper iPhone handset will cost around $300. Nevertheless, the price is significantly lower than that of the major iPhone.
According to reports, since the market is expected to increase steadily, the growth and profit of the company will not be hindered by the low pricing as the huge volumes will make up for the margins. Apple also receives renewed interest from investors before the launch of any big ticket release.
There are whispers that Apple is bound to release a cheaper version of iPhone that is thought to be made entirely of fantastic plastic to save on costs. The phone is expected to carry some of the features from the current Apple family, which includes Retina Display and Lightning connector.
This may well help Apple to extend its range of products into the lower income bracket consumers as up until now, Apple has been sitting pretty at the top of the price scale when it comes to smartphones.
However, Apple CEO Tim Cook himself has to some extent broken his trademark silence to tell a Goldman Sachs conference that the company has no interest in developing and releasing a "crappy product". This is an obvious response to the iPhone 5S rumours and a way to encourage customers to not hesitate in buying the latest iPhone 5.
Jefferies analyst Peter Misek, who maintains a high level of confidence regarding his hardware predictions, believes that Apple will release a low-cost iPhone in June.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- Lumia Update Will Come Soon Confirms Microsoft