'Friends' Reunion? Courteney Cox Shares Photos With Matthew Perry On Set Of His New Show 'Go On' [PHOTOS]
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | February 21, 2013 10:10 AM EST
Chandler and Monica of “Friends” are having a reunion of sorts, on the set of Matthew Perry’s new show “Go On.”
Perry and Courteney Cox, who co-starred on the mega-hit show that has been off the air for nine years, reunited recently as Cox is set to guest star on an episode of “Go On” that will air in April.
According to E! News, the episode entails Cox’s character being set up on a date with Perry’s character.
Cox shared photos of the two together on set Tuesday, first saying "My first box husband," and adding "@MatthewPerry: Yayyyyyyyy!#GoOn Yaaaaay!"
The actress notably played neat-freak chef Monica Gellar on “Friends,” while Perry played the sarcastic funnyman, Chandler Bing.
After many years of friendship, the two characters would ultimately get married and adopt twins.
Since the show ended in 2004, several rumors have suggested that there would be a reunion movie, which several of the show’s stars have confirmed is not true.
In November 2012, Perry took to Twitter to address a rumor that there would be a film called “The One With The Reunion,” indicative of how the episodes of “Friends” were titled.
“There is zero truth to this rumor,” he said.
Matt LeBlanc, who played Joey Tribbiani on the show, was also quoted as saying that there is no reunion on the works.
“That show was about a finite period of time, before you got married and went off to start your life with a family. It was that magical time that everyone can relate to,” Le Blanc told Entertainment Wise in June 2012.
“To see what we’re all doing now… It’s almost like the book is better than the movie. I don’t want to see old Joey. I don’t want to see Chandler and Monica with their kids that are [raising a hand a few feet off the ground] this big now. I’d rather imagine that. Everyone’s going to have different vision of what those characters are like, so to have that materialize is going to disappoint most people. A couple of people will go, ‘That’s what I thought!’ but for the most part it’s going to let people down. It’s better to let them just think.”
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Grand Final Sing-Off: Marlisa Punzalan, Dean Ray and Brothers 3 [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- 'American Horror Story' : Renewed For Season 5, Ryan Murphy Says 'We're Not Doing Space'
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage