Two Men Found Dead in Separate Sydney Locations, Deaths Suspicious
By Arlene Paredes | February 21, 2013 9:37 AM EST
Two men were found dead early Thursday morning in separate Sydney suburbs. Police confirmed to reporters the deaths of both men were suspicious.
The first man to be found dead is believed to be in his 20s. He was found on the oval on Vine Street, Fairfield. Emergency services arrived at the park after the man was found at about 4.15am (AEDT), but the man had already died. It is not immediately clear who found the man and called the paramedics. Reports say he suffered multiple injuries from stab wounds. A crime scene was declared and the area was taped off.
The body of the second man was found just over an hour later, about 5.30am. This time, the lifeless body was found in the compound of a recycling plant in Dunheved near St Marys. Employees reporting for work found the man and called authorities. Both deaths were declared suspicious, but are not believed to be connected, a police spokesman told the AAP.
"A crime scene has been established and police from St Marys Local Area Command are attempting to gather more information about the death," a police spokesman said.
Police are unable to release more information due to the nature of the deaths. It is understood the families of both men are being contacted as of this posting. Anyone who may have some information about the incidents is urged to call Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ebola Virus Might Reach Australia in Months; Health Dept Says Australia Prepared For Outbreak
- Six English Words Which Originated From Arabic
- ISIS Educates Young Children in 'School of Jihad,' Deploys Them in Active Combat After Graduation [VIDEO]
- Robots May Be Used to Fight Ebola in West Africa; Australian PM Admits US, UK Asked For Medical Teams
- Decades-Long Mystery of Oklahoma Lake Solved, Missing Six Bodies Identified
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions