Two Men Found Dead in Separate Sydney Locations, Deaths Suspicious
By Arlene Paredes | February 21, 2013 9:37 AM EST
Two men were found dead early Thursday morning in separate Sydney suburbs. Police confirmed to reporters the deaths of both men were suspicious.
The first man to be found dead is believed to be in his 20s. He was found on the oval on Vine Street, Fairfield. Emergency services arrived at the park after the man was found at about 4.15am (AEDT), but the man had already died. It is not immediately clear who found the man and called the paramedics. Reports say he suffered multiple injuries from stab wounds. A crime scene was declared and the area was taped off.
The body of the second man was found just over an hour later, about 5.30am. This time, the lifeless body was found in the compound of a recycling plant in Dunheved near St Marys. Employees reporting for work found the man and called authorities. Both deaths were declared suspicious, but are not believed to be connected, a police spokesman told the AAP.
"A crime scene has been established and police from St Marys Local Area Command are attempting to gather more information about the death," a police spokesman said.
Police are unable to release more information due to the nature of the deaths. It is understood the families of both men are being contacted as of this posting. Anyone who may have some information about the incidents is urged to call Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Walking Is Superfood For Fitness; Celebrities Who Walk For Health
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton And Prince William Have Chosen The Name Of Their Second Child- Details
- Local Syrians Have Mixed Reactions To US Airstrikes Against ISIS; Opposition 'Suspicious'
- Hoax Alert: 'Ebola Vaccine Only Works on White Skin' Viral Story Not True
- Melbourne Wakes Up To Anti-Terror Raids: Seabrook Man Arrested For Funding Terrorist Organisation
- New Zealand PM John Key Aware of Kiwis Joining ISIS; New Zealand Not Ready For Airstrikes
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate