Two Men Found Dead in Separate Sydney Locations, Deaths Suspicious
By Arlene Paredes | February 21, 2013 9:37 AM EST
Two men were found dead early Thursday morning in separate Sydney suburbs. Police confirmed to reporters the deaths of both men were suspicious.
The first man to be found dead is believed to be in his 20s. He was found on the oval on Vine Street, Fairfield. Emergency services arrived at the park after the man was found at about 4.15am (AEDT), but the man had already died. It is not immediately clear who found the man and called the paramedics. Reports say he suffered multiple injuries from stab wounds. A crime scene was declared and the area was taped off.
The body of the second man was found just over an hour later, about 5.30am. This time, the lifeless body was found in the compound of a recycling plant in Dunheved near St Marys. Employees reporting for work found the man and called authorities. Both deaths were declared suspicious, but are not believed to be connected, a police spokesman told the AAP.
"A crime scene has been established and police from St Marys Local Area Command are attempting to gather more information about the death," a police spokesman said.
Police are unable to release more information due to the nature of the deaths. It is understood the families of both men are being contacted as of this posting. Anyone who may have some information about the incidents is urged to call Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Update: Duchess Of Cambridge ‘Dissed’ By Camilla Parker-Bowles; Delivery Expected In April- Reports
- Drag Queens Fume That Facebook Is Banning Aliases And Threaten to Drop Out Of It
- British Teenager Wants Her Leg Cut To be Able To Compete At Paralympics – Watch Video
- Pope Francis, Catholic Church Key To Climate Change Effort
- Passengers Shouted 'Shame' On Pak Politician For Delaying Flight And Barred Him From Boarding
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?
- New Zealand Could Be Next ISIS Target After Australia Beheading Plot, Says Expert
- China Is Also Seizing Disputed Land Along Indian Border