New York Times, Which Has Been Selling Selling Newspapers For More Than A Year, Is Exploring A Sales Of The Boston Globe
February 21, 2013 7:47 AM EST
The New York Times Co. (NYSE:NYT), which has been struggling in its newspaper operations for years, will sell the Boston Globe, Bloomberg News said Wednesday.
The Times has engaged Evercore Partners Inc. to advise about selling the Globe, which is its only remaining business outside the core New York Times media brand, Bloomberg said.
The company still owns the International Herald Tribune newspaper, which is sold in Europe.
The New York Times declined to comment on any possible sale.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ACCC Orders Ticketek, Ticketmaster to Display Unavoidable Fees in Online Booking Process
- Rihanna Spotted In Men's Underwear: Reportedly Similar To Chris Brown's Underwear
- Jennifer Aniston Wedding Update: Brad Pitt's Ex Wife Reportedly Sets Wedding Date With Justin Theorux
- 'Captain America 3' Plot Details: Robert Downey Jr May Go Against Captain America, Civil War Could Used As The Plot Line
- Ariana Grande's Boob Job: 'Problem' Singer Reportedly Wants To Please Big Sean, Rep Denies The Report
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation