NBA Trade Rumors: Minnesota Timberwolves Place Luke Ridnour, J.J. Barea, Derrick Williams All On The Block? Nuggets Timofey Mozgov, Mavericks O.J. Mayo On Wolves Radar?
February 21, 2013 4:12 AM EST
One of the most active teams rumored in trade talks is the Minnesota Timberwolves, with plenty of guards to spare.
According to 1500 ESPN in Minnesota, the T-Wolves are interested in several players at the deadline, and have made guards J.J. Barea, Luke Ridnour, and Brandon Roy, along with power forward Derrick Williams available for trades.
The same report stated Minnesota team president David Kahn has fielded several calls from teams for forward Andrei Kirilenko, but he’s rebuffed all of them.
Minnesota reportedly called the Dallas Mavericks regarding O.J. Mayo, and the Denver Nuggets for Timofey Mozgov, but there has been no movement on either front.
The Wolves are currently 12th in the West with a 19-31 record, and with stud forward Kevin Love sidelined for the second time this season with a broken hand, the playoffs seem far from their reach.
Kahn knows keeping Love happy requires the club to not only win, but to contend for a title. Love has had several public spats with Kahn and team owner Glen Taylor, though everything has reportedly been worked out.
Ridnour and Barea are excellent reserve guards who could greatly improve a team looking to make a playoff run. Earlier this week, the New York Knicks were tied to Ridnour, who has one year and $4.3 million left on his deal next season. Barea would be far more expensive with two years and more than $9 million remaining on his contract.
Roy has played in just five games during his comeback season, and his injury history makes his contract practically immovable. He’s owed $5.3 million next year.
Moving Williams could show Minnesota has decided to move from the No. 2 overall pick in 2011. The 21-year-old, while hyper athletic, has struggled with his shot, averaging 41 percent from the field in 112 career games, and 9.3 points and 4.8 rebounds.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao vs. Chris Algieri Betting Odds: American Knockout Of Filipino Pays $10,000 From A $100 Bet
- 2014 Davis Cup Final: Switzerland Vs. France - Roger Federer Vs. Gael Monfils Live Streaming Info and Preview
- Brooklyn Nets Agree to Grant Andrei Kirilenko Indefinite Leave of Absence
- Freddie Roach Asks Manny Pacquiao Not To Beat Up Algieri Too Badly So Mayweather Will Not Be Scared And Agree To Super Fight
- Michael Schumacher Update: Rep Responds To Streiff’s Comments—‘He’s Neither A Friend Nor Has He Ever Visited Him’
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- BlackBerry Classic (aka Q20) Keyboard Shortcuts Explained In A Quick Video
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon