NBA Trade Rumors: Minnesota Timberwolves Place Luke Ridnour, J.J. Barea, Derrick Williams All On The Block? Nuggets Timofey Mozgov, Mavericks O.J. Mayo On Wolves Radar?
February 21, 2013 4:12 AM EST
One of the most active teams rumored in trade talks is the Minnesota Timberwolves, with plenty of guards to spare.
According to 1500 ESPN in Minnesota, the T-Wolves are interested in several players at the deadline, and have made guards J.J. Barea, Luke Ridnour, and Brandon Roy, along with power forward Derrick Williams available for trades.
The same report stated Minnesota team president David Kahn has fielded several calls from teams for forward Andrei Kirilenko, but he’s rebuffed all of them.
Minnesota reportedly called the Dallas Mavericks regarding O.J. Mayo, and the Denver Nuggets for Timofey Mozgov, but there has been no movement on either front.
The Wolves are currently 12th in the West with a 19-31 record, and with stud forward Kevin Love sidelined for the second time this season with a broken hand, the playoffs seem far from their reach.
Kahn knows keeping Love happy requires the club to not only win, but to contend for a title. Love has had several public spats with Kahn and team owner Glen Taylor, though everything has reportedly been worked out.
Ridnour and Barea are excellent reserve guards who could greatly improve a team looking to make a playoff run. Earlier this week, the New York Knicks were tied to Ridnour, who has one year and $4.3 million left on his deal next season. Barea would be far more expensive with two years and more than $9 million remaining on his contract.
Roy has played in just five games during his comeback season, and his injury history makes his contract practically immovable. He’s owed $5.3 million next year.
Moving Williams could show Minnesota has decided to move from the No. 2 overall pick in 2011. The 21-year-old, while hyper athletic, has struggled with his shot, averaging 41 percent from the field in 112 career games, and 9.3 points and 4.8 rebounds.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Chelsea FC: Mourinho Hints Cesc Fabregas Could Succeed John Terry As Club Captain
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions