Apple supplier Foxconn places hiring freeze on its largest plant
February 21, 2013 1:35 AM EST
One of Apple Inc's major suppliers, Taiwan-based Foxconn Technology Group, said on Wednesday it has placed a hiring freeze on its largest plant in Shenzhen.
Foxconn spokesman Louis Woo said the company is not hiring at the facility, citing the high rate of workers returning to the plant after celebrating the Chinese New Year.
The newspaper quoted a Foxconn spokesman, Liu Kun, as saying, "Currently, none of the plants in mainland China have hiring plans."
(Reporting By Jennifer Saba in New York; editing by John Wallace)
Join the Conversation
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide