The Nemenoff Report Bonds Lower, S&P's Lower, Silver Lower
By Marc Nemenoff | February 21, 2013 1:23 AM EST
Financials: Mar. Bonds are currently 10 lower at 142'24 and Mar. 10 Yr. Notes 3 lower at 131'08.0. This morning: Jan. Housing Starts were down by 8.5% vs. expectations of -3.1%. PPI was up 0.2% vs. expectations of a rise of 0.5%. We were stopped out of any remaining long positions in Mar. Bonds from the 142'19 area when the markets traded through our protective sell stop at 143'06. Later today: Minutes from the last FOMC meeting. Support is currently 142'08 and resistance for the near term is at 144'06. I continue to have a long term bias to the short side of the market but feel this market is entering oversold territory. For the very short term I will be a buyer at support with a stop at 141'30. Next week I will be quoting and trading June contracts.
Grains: Mar. Corn is currently 2'2 higher at 697'4, Mar. Beans 17'2 higher at 1487'4, Mar. Wheat 3'2 higher at 735'4 and Dec. Wheat 2'4 higher at 765'6. We remain long out of the money call spreads in Dec. Wheat. Yesterday through this morning Beans have experienced a nearly 50 cent rally on surprizingly strong demand from China. Support for Mar. Beans is currently 1452'0 and resistance 1500'0. Watch for news on S. American growing and harvest conditions. I am still interested in going long Mar. Corn in the 680'0-685'0 area or July Corn in the mid 650's if the market allows. There is only 1 week until first notice day on Mar. contracts.
Cattle: Apr. LC are currently 25 lower at 129.25 and Mar. FC 65 lower at 142.52. Markets continue in a down trend. Treat Apr. LC as a trading affair between 127.50 and 130.50. Mar. FC should show support below the 140.00 level. One week until first notice day for Mar. contracts.
Silver: Mar. Silver is currently 35 cents lower at 29.06 and Apr. Gold 14.00 lower at 1590.00. We continue to hold a small long position in Silver. As has been recommended in the past, I like the idea of having Silver as an investment of 6-10% of an overall portfolio. At 29.00 a mini-Silver contract (1,000 ounces) has a value of $29,000.00.As for speculation: It's time to start looking for buying opprtuities if Silver trades below the 28.00 level. Apr. Gold is approaching support in the 1580.00 area. If you are inclined to try to pick bottoms in this market use close stops.
S&P's: Mar. S&P's are currently 0.50 lower at 1527.50. For those of you keeping track: I have been stubbornly short futures and short the 1480 puts. Currently the loss on the futures is $1700.00 and the profit on the short puts $300.00. I admit defeat for the moment and am liquidating the positions today. Support is currently 1513.00 and resistance 1530.00.
Currencies: As of this writing the Mar. Euro is 5 lower at 1.3385, the Swiss unchanged at 1.0836, the Yen 31 lower at 1.0673 and the Pound 94 lower at 1.5308/ If you remain short the Euro, lower your protective buy stop from the 1.3490 level to 1.3450. If the market trades below the 1.3310 level, lower your stop to 1.3410.
888.908.4310 | 312.264.4310
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff
- 2014 Ebola Outbreak: ‘Out of control… and Can Get Worse'; Asky Airline Stops Flying to Liberia, Sierra Leone; Liberia Closes Schools