The Nemenoff Report Bonds Lower, S&P's Lower, Silver Lower
By Marc Nemenoff | February 21, 2013 1:23 AM EST
Financials: Mar. Bonds are currently 10 lower at 142'24 and Mar. 10 Yr. Notes 3 lower at 131'08.0. This morning: Jan. Housing Starts were down by 8.5% vs. expectations of -3.1%. PPI was up 0.2% vs. expectations of a rise of 0.5%. We were stopped out of any remaining long positions in Mar. Bonds from the 142'19 area when the markets traded through our protective sell stop at 143'06. Later today: Minutes from the last FOMC meeting. Support is currently 142'08 and resistance for the near term is at 144'06. I continue to have a long term bias to the short side of the market but feel this market is entering oversold territory. For the very short term I will be a buyer at support with a stop at 141'30. Next week I will be quoting and trading June contracts.
Grains: Mar. Corn is currently 2'2 higher at 697'4, Mar. Beans 17'2 higher at 1487'4, Mar. Wheat 3'2 higher at 735'4 and Dec. Wheat 2'4 higher at 765'6. We remain long out of the money call spreads in Dec. Wheat. Yesterday through this morning Beans have experienced a nearly 50 cent rally on surprizingly strong demand from China. Support for Mar. Beans is currently 1452'0 and resistance 1500'0. Watch for news on S. American growing and harvest conditions. I am still interested in going long Mar. Corn in the 680'0-685'0 area or July Corn in the mid 650's if the market allows. There is only 1 week until first notice day on Mar. contracts.
Cattle: Apr. LC are currently 25 lower at 129.25 and Mar. FC 65 lower at 142.52. Markets continue in a down trend. Treat Apr. LC as a trading affair between 127.50 and 130.50. Mar. FC should show support below the 140.00 level. One week until first notice day for Mar. contracts.
Silver: Mar. Silver is currently 35 cents lower at 29.06 and Apr. Gold 14.00 lower at 1590.00. We continue to hold a small long position in Silver. As has been recommended in the past, I like the idea of having Silver as an investment of 6-10% of an overall portfolio. At 29.00 a mini-Silver contract (1,000 ounces) has a value of $29,000.00.As for speculation: It's time to start looking for buying opprtuities if Silver trades below the 28.00 level. Apr. Gold is approaching support in the 1580.00 area. If you are inclined to try to pick bottoms in this market use close stops.
S&P's: Mar. S&P's are currently 0.50 lower at 1527.50. For those of you keeping track: I have been stubbornly short futures and short the 1480 puts. Currently the loss on the futures is $1700.00 and the profit on the short puts $300.00. I admit defeat for the moment and am liquidating the positions today. Support is currently 1513.00 and resistance 1530.00.
Currencies: As of this writing the Mar. Euro is 5 lower at 1.3385, the Swiss unchanged at 1.0836, the Yen 31 lower at 1.0673 and the Pound 94 lower at 1.5308/ If you remain short the Euro, lower your protective buy stop from the 1.3490 level to 1.3450. If the market trades below the 1.3310 level, lower your stop to 1.3410.
888.908.4310 | 312.264.4310
Most Popular Slideshows
- Celebrities Who Were Victims of Rape: Psychological and Physical Effects of Rape
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Women’s Tennis’ Grand Slam Winners Of 2014 - Li Na, Sharapova, Kvitova, And Williams
- Kanye West, Ben Affleck, Serena Williams Are Victims Of Migraines: Ways To Tackle It
Join the Conversation
- Global Markets Overview – September 15, 2014
- Australian Stock Market Report – Morning September 15, 2014
- Iron Age For Australia Ends As Price Of Key Steelmaking Ingredient Dips Below $83/Tonne
- Australian Stock Market Report – Afternoon September 12, 2014
- Australian Stock Market Report – Midday September 12, 2014
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Android Lion vs Apple iOS 8: Why Make the Big Switch
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. OnePlus One – Can The Underdog Trump The Monster?
- US Government Threatened Yahoo to Provide User Data: If not Pay a Fine of $250,000 per day
- Optus Successfully Launches Optus 10 Satellite That Will Improve TV, Internet, Phone & Data Transmission In Australia
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Moto X Pure Edition is Coming Soon with Wi-Fi Calling – Reports
- 7 Reasons Why Atlassian Topped BRW’s Best Place To Work In Australia 2014 List