Mercedes-Benz’s Most Expensive SUV G63 AMG Comes to India for ₹1.46 crore
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | February 20, 2013 10:53 PM EST
The company is looking forward to launch three more new models in the country this year. The newly launched SUV packs 5.5-litre supercharged V8 petrol engine which can generate 544PS of power and 760Nm of torque and can reach 100 km per hour in less than 5.5 seconds. The model will replace the company's previous car G55 AMG.
"While the design of the G-Wagen has remained unchanged since inception in 1979, it has undergone upgrades over the years and incorporates the latest technologies. It is the highest end performance SUV and is capable of going from 0-100 kilometres per hour in 5.4 seconds," said Eberhard Kern, MD & CEO of Mercedes-Benz India.
The company has also plans to increase the number of dealers across the country. The new car has a sleek design and exciting features which include AMG radiator grille, a new infotainment system, leather-trimmed dashboards and multi-function steering wheel.
"This year, we have decided to be on the offensive, what we call the Mercedes-Benz offensive," Eberhard Kern added."We will be strengthening our dealer network and launching new models. In addition, we will also be concentrating on the cost of ownership," he said.
He also said that the company hopes the government will reduce taxation this year. Mercedes Benz, a pioneer of luxury cars, has seen a drop in its sales in India last year.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop