Mercedes-Benz’s Most Expensive SUV G63 AMG Comes to India for ₹1.46 crore
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | February 20, 2013 10:53 PM EST
The company is looking forward to launch three more new models in the country this year. The newly launched SUV packs 5.5-litre supercharged V8 petrol engine which can generate 544PS of power and 760Nm of torque and can reach 100 km per hour in less than 5.5 seconds. The model will replace the company's previous car G55 AMG.
"While the design of the G-Wagen has remained unchanged since inception in 1979, it has undergone upgrades over the years and incorporates the latest technologies. It is the highest end performance SUV and is capable of going from 0-100 kilometres per hour in 5.4 seconds," said Eberhard Kern, MD & CEO of Mercedes-Benz India.
The company has also plans to increase the number of dealers across the country. The new car has a sleek design and exciting features which include AMG radiator grille, a new infotainment system, leather-trimmed dashboards and multi-function steering wheel.
"This year, we have decided to be on the offensive, what we call the Mercedes-Benz offensive," Eberhard Kern added."We will be strengthening our dealer network and launching new models. In addition, we will also be concentrating on the cost of ownership," he said.
He also said that the company hopes the government will reduce taxation this year. Mercedes Benz, a pioneer of luxury cars, has seen a drop in its sales in India last year.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Celebrities Who Got Pregnant Using IVF: Busting the Myths About IVF
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff
- 2014 Ebola Outbreak: ‘Out of control… and Can Get Worse'; Asky Airline Stops Flying to Liberia, Sierra Leone; Liberia Closes Schools