Mercedes-Benz’s Most Expensive SUV G63 AMG Comes to India for ₹1.46 crore
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | February 20, 2013 10:53 PM EST
The company is looking forward to launch three more new models in the country this year. The newly launched SUV packs 5.5-litre supercharged V8 petrol engine which can generate 544PS of power and 760Nm of torque and can reach 100 km per hour in less than 5.5 seconds. The model will replace the company's previous car G55 AMG.
"While the design of the G-Wagen has remained unchanged since inception in 1979, it has undergone upgrades over the years and incorporates the latest technologies. It is the highest end performance SUV and is capable of going from 0-100 kilometres per hour in 5.4 seconds," said Eberhard Kern, MD & CEO of Mercedes-Benz India.
The company has also plans to increase the number of dealers across the country. The new car has a sleek design and exciting features which include AMG radiator grille, a new infotainment system, leather-trimmed dashboards and multi-function steering wheel.
"This year, we have decided to be on the offensive, what we call the Mercedes-Benz offensive," Eberhard Kern added."We will be strengthening our dealer network and launching new models. In addition, we will also be concentrating on the cost of ownership," he said.
He also said that the company hopes the government will reduce taxation this year. Mercedes Benz, a pioneer of luxury cars, has seen a drop in its sales in India last year.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Hungry Jack’s Joins McDonald’s Australia Monopoly Campaign With McOpoly Promo
- iPhone 6 Survives Drop, Both Accidental & Intentional
- Apple Inc (AAPL) Stock Surge Expected Soon as Analysts Predict iPhone Opening Weekend Sales
- Furore Over Facebook Mark Zuckerberg $10m Fortress In San Francisco
- Alibaba Sells Extra Shares; IPO Raises $25B, Breaks Global Record
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Samsung Galaxy S5: Battle of the Samsung Flagship Smartphones
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- Apple iPad Air 2, OS X Yosemite Release Date Set For October, While iPad Mini 3 With Retina Headed For 2015 Release
- Purported Xiaomi Redmi Note Successor Powered With Monstrous Processor Under Wraps, Will Take On Meizu MX4
- U.S and Canada Fighter Jets Chase Out Russian Jets Near Alaska: Air Space Violation Not Confirmed