Mercedes-Benz’s Most Expensive SUV G63 AMG Comes to India for ₹1.46 crore
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | February 20, 2013 10:53 PM EST
The company is looking forward to launch three more new models in the country this year. The newly launched SUV packs 5.5-litre supercharged V8 petrol engine which can generate 544PS of power and 760Nm of torque and can reach 100 km per hour in less than 5.5 seconds. The model will replace the company's previous car G55 AMG.
"While the design of the G-Wagen has remained unchanged since inception in 1979, it has undergone upgrades over the years and incorporates the latest technologies. It is the highest end performance SUV and is capable of going from 0-100 kilometres per hour in 5.4 seconds," said Eberhard Kern, MD & CEO of Mercedes-Benz India.
The company has also plans to increase the number of dealers across the country. The new car has a sleek design and exciting features which include AMG radiator grille, a new infotainment system, leather-trimmed dashboards and multi-function steering wheel.
"This year, we have decided to be on the offensive, what we call the Mercedes-Benz offensive," Eberhard Kern added."We will be strengthening our dealer network and launching new models. In addition, we will also be concentrating on the cost of ownership," he said.
He also said that the company hopes the government will reduce taxation this year. Mercedes Benz, a pioneer of luxury cars, has seen a drop in its sales in India last year.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Apple Inc (AAPL) Stock May Reach $150; First Trillion Company Talks, iPhone 6 and Apple Watch Boost Price
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon
- Travel Alert: Frequent Flyer Tie-Up Between Virgin Australia, South African Airways Enhanced
- Walmart Canada Feeling The Heat As Grocery War Intensifies
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide