Bollwood stars Shahrukh Khan and Kajol have been voted as the most romantic on-screen couple of all time, according to a survey conducted by Sanona, the UK's largest online Pay-Per-View Indian portal.
Bollywood actors Shah Rukh Khan (R) and Kajol
SRK and Kajol have starred in several blockbuster films like "Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge" and "Kuch Kuch Hota Hai".
Around 12 on-screens couple were featured in the poll, but SRK and Kajol beat them to the title of most romantic Bollywood Jodi of all time.
They were paired in six Hindi films such as "Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge", "Karan Arjun", "Baazigar", "Kuch Kuch Hota Hai", "Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham" and "My Name is Khan". The couple gained the top position after beating Raj Kapoor-Nargis, Dharmendra-Hema Malini and Amitabh-Rekha in the poll.
"There was somewhat of a gap between Shah Rukh Khan and Kajol, and the rest. This shows that they really have captivated the hearts of millions in the past twenty years since first coming together in Baazigar (1993). Perhaps they are the only on-screen couple who can actually draw audiences on the basis on them being in a movie together," said Adam Davies, CEO of Sanona, according to PTI.
Here is the list of 12 popular on-screen romantic couples of Bollywood:
1. Raj Kapoor - Nargis
2. Shammi Kapoor - Asha Parekh
3. Dilip Kumar - Madhubala
4. Guru Dutt - Waheeda Rehman
5. Amitabh Bachchan - Rekha
6. Dharmedra - Hema Malini
7. Rishi Kapoor - Neetu Singh
8. Anil Kapoor - Madhuri Dixit
9. Shah Rukh Khan - Kajol
10. Saif Ali Khan - Deepika Padukone
11. Salman Khan - Katrina Kaif
12. Ranveer Singh - Anushka Sharma
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Top Ten Richest Americans [PHOTOS]
- A Tribute To Great Actor Paul Walker: Best Quotes From 'Fast And Furious' Films [PHOTOS/ VIDEOS]
- Slideshow: Kate Middleton Looks Ravishing in Black Net Dress, Covers Up Grey [SEE PHOTOS]
- Is Orlando Bloom’s Wife, Miranda Kerr Singing Love Songs for James Packer? [WATCH VIDEOS]