Samsung: Possible 5G Wi-Fi Technology for S4
By Gilda Galang | February 20, 2013 7:25 PM EST
Updates on the Samsung Galaxy S4 keep coming, the latest of which involves speculation of the handset feature a 5G wi-fi technology. This gives users a faster connection while on the go.
Making this possible with the Galaxy S4 will keep it a good mile ahead in its never-ending race with Apple's iPhone.
According to T3, this kind of technology will involve a Broadcom BCM 4335 chip incorporating the wi-fi and the Bluetooth 4.0.
Other rumors on the specs of the latest Samsung Galaxy version include a 4.99 inch display screen with a 1080p capacity, an Exynos 5 Octa 8-core processor, and a 13-megapixel camera.
As for release dates, there are no definite timetable, but Daily Mail reports a potential March or April launch.
Introducing the Samsung REX phones
Apart from its head-on competition with Apple in the smartphones department, Samsung is also facing tough competition with Nokia on budget phones.
This is why Samsung has currently released its line of REX phones, all of which reportedly allow double SIM use, according to TechnoBuffalo.
The four lines, the REX 60, REX 70, REX 80, and REX 90 all feature Samsung's TouchWiz technolog and support EDGE networks, for those that don't feature faster 3G and 4G technology.
REX phones features range from a 2.8-inch display (REX 60), a 3-inch display (REX 70 and 80) and a 3.5-inch display (REX 90), with ranging quality cameras and storage capacities.
The REX phones are also Samsung's answer for emerging markets in India and Brazil, reports Digital Spy.
"We are so excited to launch the REX series across a number of the world's fastest growing markets," said JK Shin of the IT & Mobile Communications Division of Samsung to TechnoBuffalo. "The result is an extraordinary end-to-end mobile experience with the best value for money."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2
- Canada’s Official ISIS Mission Starts On Weekend; Kuwait Uneasy