Apple TV Makes Silent Debut on India Website for ₹8,295
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | February 20, 2013 5:54 PM EST
The much-talked about Apple TV, the Cupertino-based firm's streaming device, seems ready to hit Indian stores after it was spotted on Apple's official website for a price of ₹8,295.
Apple has officially rolled out of the device for Indian consumers yet, but its silent debut on the website hinted at its imminent launch for the domestic market. According to reports, the device is not stocked at Apple's premium resellers.
An Apple spokperson told The Hindu "Yes, we have launched the product. It will be out in our authorised resellers in the next seven to ten days." The tech titan launched its streaming device in India almost a year after it release in the US.
Earlier in December, a technology website BGR quoting multiple sources said Apple TV is expected to launch in India for ₹6, 990, quite less than its actual price tag.
Apple TV is a digital media receiver which enables users to connect their television sets to iTunes Store. The device measures 23mm x 98mm x 98mm and weights 272 grams. It is powered by Apple's single-core A5 chip and supports streaming contents from YouTube and iTunes Stores up to 1080p high definition. The new AirPlay feature allows users to stream content from their iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch onto their Television sets.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- California Fruits Recalled in USA and Canada for Possible Listeria Contamination
- Malaysian Airlines Flight 17: Air Carrier Losing $1.6 Million/Day; Crisis Management Experts Suggest Hiring Risk Expert as CEO
- Malaysian Airlines Flight 17: Air Carrier to Give $5,000 Assistance to Victims’ Families; Bankruptcy Looms as 2 Air Mishaps Would Cost Firm Minimum $80.55 M Compensation
- Foxconn And Pegatron Corp Readies For Apple's iPhone 6 Mass Production This Month
- KFC & McDonald’s Accused of Serving ‘Expired’ Meat to Customers
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales