Apple TV Makes Silent Debut on India Website for ₹8,295
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | February 20, 2013 5:54 PM EST
The much-talked about Apple TV, the Cupertino-based firm's streaming device, seems ready to hit Indian stores after it was spotted on Apple's official website for a price of ₹8,295.
Apple has officially rolled out of the device for Indian consumers yet, but its silent debut on the website hinted at its imminent launch for the domestic market. According to reports, the device is not stocked at Apple's premium resellers.
An Apple spokperson told The Hindu "Yes, we have launched the product. It will be out in our authorised resellers in the next seven to ten days." The tech titan launched its streaming device in India almost a year after it release in the US.
Earlier in December, a technology website BGR quoting multiple sources said Apple TV is expected to launch in India for ₹6, 990, quite less than its actual price tag.
Apple TV is a digital media receiver which enables users to connect their television sets to iTunes Store. The device measures 23mm x 98mm x 98mm and weights 272 grams. It is powered by Apple's single-core A5 chip and supports streaming contents from YouTube and iTunes Stores up to 1080p high definition. The new AirPlay feature allows users to stream content from their iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch onto their Television sets.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Manny Pacquiao Vs. Chris Algieri World Tour Kick Off Press Conference In Macau [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Floyd Mayweather Gets Investment Advice from Warren Buffett What to Do With Millions
- Malaysia Airlines to Axe 4,000 Employees, Including CEO; Suspends Trading of Shares
- Former U.S. VP Al Gore Backs Ovo Energy by Investing £8 Million Before IPO
- Study Shows Gap Between What Advisors Say and What Resonates with Investors
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Confirmed as Apple Sets Sept 9 iWatch, 2 iPhones Intro - Report
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Product Recall Alert: Hewlett-Packard Pulls Out 6M Power Cords from US, Canada Over Fire Hazard Concerns, Australia Also Affected
- ISIS Wants $6.6M and Release of Aafia Siddiqui in Exchange of Head of Female US Humanitarian Aid Worker, 1st American Fighting for Jihadis Dead
- Ukraine Ceasefire Looks Remote As Putin Talks Tough At Meeting With Poroshenko
- Google Nexus 6 Release May Be the New Google Nexus X Smartphone as New Details Emerge
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps