Apple TV Makes Silent Debut on India Website for ₹8,295
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | February 20, 2013 5:54 PM EST
The much-talked about Apple TV, the Cupertino-based firm's streaming device, seems ready to hit Indian stores after it was spotted on Apple's official website for a price of ₹8,295.
Apple has officially rolled out of the device for Indian consumers yet, but its silent debut on the website hinted at its imminent launch for the domestic market. According to reports, the device is not stocked at Apple's premium resellers.
An Apple spokperson told The Hindu "Yes, we have launched the product. It will be out in our authorised resellers in the next seven to ten days." The tech titan launched its streaming device in India almost a year after it release in the US.
Earlier in December, a technology website BGR quoting multiple sources said Apple TV is expected to launch in India for ₹6, 990, quite less than its actual price tag.
Apple TV is a digital media receiver which enables users to connect their television sets to iTunes Store. The device measures 23mm x 98mm x 98mm and weights 272 grams. It is powered by Apple's single-core A5 chip and supports streaming contents from YouTube and iTunes Stores up to 1080p high definition. The new AirPlay feature allows users to stream content from their iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch onto their Television sets.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Apple iPhone 6 Is Not Behind Samsung’s Downfall, The Real Achilles' Heel Is Xiaomi--Reports
- Unruly Female Passenger Who Assaults FA Forces Air Canada To Divert Flight
- Telstra Pays $102,000 For iPhone 6 Misleading Advertisement
- Instagram Rolls Out Five New Filters Including Aden, Crema, Ludwig, Perpetua And Slumber For Better Photos [WATCH VIDEO]
- Tariff Cuts Underway With Japan-Australia Economic Partnership