Two Women Hid Boy for 8 Years, Both Convicted of Kidnapping
By Jenalyn Villamarin | February 20, 2013 3:49 PM EST
In Texas, San Augustine jurors convicted a mother and daughter who took an 8-month-old baby boy in 2004 and hid him for 8 years. Gloria Walker was sentenced 30 years in jail while her daughter, Krystle Tanner, will concurrently serve the sentence of 8 years for kidnapping and 8 years for reckless injury to a child.
The deliberation took 2 hours before the women were found guilty of kidnapping the boy identified as Miguel Morin. "I didn't do nothing wrong. I didn't know they were looking for him. I didn't know he was missing," Walker stated.
Both women claimed that they did not take the boy but he was given to them but the prosecutors managed to prove in court the inaccuracy in the women's statement as well as the kidnapping and neglect on the missing boy. According to the Examiner report, the two women kept Miguel Morin out of school and even changed his name to Jaquan.
"If Ms. Walker and Ms. Tanner had a right to little Miguel, why wasn't he in school? Why didn't you get the rest of his immunizations? Why didn't you take him to the dentist? They knew they didn't have that right. They knew they couldn't put that baby out in the public eye," Kevin Dutton, the San Augustine County District Attorney, stated.
The kidnapping story began in 2004 when Krystle Tanner, who was the babysitter of Miguel at that time, suddenly took the boy and then moved across Texas with her mother Gloria numerous times to avoid the police. Investigators discovered Krystle's kidnapping crime when she was questioned for drug charges.
Miguel Morin was temporarily turned over to foster care after investigators found him with Krystle Tanner and Gloria Walker. Now, the 8-year-old boy is reunited with his family while receiving therapy for accepting his real parents and identity.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Update: Duchess Has ‘Strict Style Guide,’ Expected To Wear Winter Wardrobes During Pregnancy
- Bizarre Sex Abuse: Man Licks Woman’s Foot in Canada, Runs Away With Her Shoe
- New Zealand Pre-schooler Suffers Attack For Wearing A Jewish Cap; Anti-Semitic Act Condemned
- Australia's Direct Action Policy To Increase Projected Emmisions By 2020 -- UN Report
- Canadian Soldier Dies in 'Freak Accident' at Work
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation