Two Women Hid Boy for 8 Years, Both Convicted of Kidnapping
By Jenalyn Villamarin | February 20, 2013 3:49 PM EST
In Texas, San Augustine jurors convicted a mother and daughter who took an 8-month-old baby boy in 2004 and hid him for 8 years. Gloria Walker was sentenced 30 years in jail while her daughter, Krystle Tanner, will concurrently serve the sentence of 8 years for kidnapping and 8 years for reckless injury to a child.
The deliberation took 2 hours before the women were found guilty of kidnapping the boy identified as Miguel Morin. "I didn't do nothing wrong. I didn't know they were looking for him. I didn't know he was missing," Walker stated.
Both women claimed that they did not take the boy but he was given to them but the prosecutors managed to prove in court the inaccuracy in the women's statement as well as the kidnapping and neglect on the missing boy. According to the Examiner report, the two women kept Miguel Morin out of school and even changed his name to Jaquan.
"If Ms. Walker and Ms. Tanner had a right to little Miguel, why wasn't he in school? Why didn't you get the rest of his immunizations? Why didn't you take him to the dentist? They knew they didn't have that right. They knew they couldn't put that baby out in the public eye," Kevin Dutton, the San Augustine County District Attorney, stated.
The kidnapping story began in 2004 when Krystle Tanner, who was the babysitter of Miguel at that time, suddenly took the boy and then moved across Texas with her mother Gloria numerous times to avoid the police. Investigators discovered Krystle's kidnapping crime when she was questioned for drug charges.
Miguel Morin was temporarily turned over to foster care after investigators found him with Krystle Tanner and Gloria Walker. Now, the 8-year-old boy is reunited with his family while receiving therapy for accepting his real parents and identity.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Boards London Train in Casual Disguise, Royal Couple’s Incognito Plan A Huge Hit [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt’s Top Secret Wedding Tramps Jennifer Aniston’s ‘Friends’ Reunion & Pregnancy Talks [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- MH370 Update: Australians Unveil New Map To Find The Missing Plane
- Surge in UFO Sightings in Queensland Observed; Gold Coast 'Hot Spot' of UFO Encounters
- Court Grants Indian Man Divorce Over Wife’s Insatiable Sex Demands
- ISIS Threat: Australia Terror Alert Level at 'Medium' as Saudi King Warns of Attacks in Europe in a Month
- Jennifer Lawrence Nude Photos Leak Raises Doubts on Apple's iCloud; How to Secure Apple ID
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans
- iPhone 6 On Release Date To Feature Qualcomm MDM9625M LTE, 1GB RAM, Mobile Payment Deal With AMEX, 1334x750 Display
- HTC One M8 for Windows Vs. Nokia Lumia Icon, The Battle Of Windows Phones