All Hail As Macmillan Shakespeare Delivers
February 20, 2013 4:09 AM EST
-Brokers raise earnings estimates
-New JV in the UK
-Solid leasing outlook
-More organic growth to come
By Eva Brocklehurst
Macmillan Shakespeare ((MMS)), which provides workplace benefits administration services, has pleased brokers with its strong first half. In conjunction with the results, the company announced plans to enter the UK market in a joint venture with Visper, a UK-based asset finance company. Visper has had dealings with GMAC, the former owner of MMS' Interleasing business.
MMS has committed 1.5m pounds over five years to the JV, called Maxxia UK, and will appoint the managing director of the business. Citi is a bit surprised at this decision given there is organic growth opportunities domestically and it will take 2-3 years to scale up this business. What gives the broker comfort is that it requires little capital outlay and labour commitment. Credit Suisse thinks the JV is low risk and offers upside. Goldman Sachs suspects it may be a beachhead to further acquisitions in the UK. The JV will focus exclusively on distribution/brokerage of salary packaging and leasing products.
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’
- Android Lollipop 5.0 Confirmed for Nov 3 Rollout as Nexus 6 Global Release Date is Delayed – Reports