All Hail As Macmillan Shakespeare Delivers
February 20, 2013 4:09 AM EST
-Brokers raise earnings estimates
-New JV in the UK
-Solid leasing outlook
-More organic growth to come
By Eva Brocklehurst
Macmillan Shakespeare ((MMS)), which provides workplace benefits administration services, has pleased brokers with its strong first half. In conjunction with the results, the company announced plans to enter the UK market in a joint venture with Visper, a UK-based asset finance company. Visper has had dealings with GMAC, the former owner of MMS' Interleasing business.
MMS has committed 1.5m pounds over five years to the JV, called Maxxia UK, and will appoint the managing director of the business. Citi is a bit surprised at this decision given there is organic growth opportunities domestically and it will take 2-3 years to scale up this business. What gives the broker comfort is that it requires little capital outlay and labour commitment. Credit Suisse thinks the JV is low risk and offers upside. Goldman Sachs suspects it may be a beachhead to further acquisitions in the UK. The JV will focus exclusively on distribution/brokerage of salary packaging and leasing products.
Join the Conversation
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- ISIS War: US Airstrikes Lead to Growing ISIS Support In Syria; Russia Questions Coalition's Policies
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]