Samsung Galaxy S3 vs. HTC One: 5 Reasons Why HTC’s Latest Handset is Better
By Kristin Dian Mariano | February 20, 2013 1:26 PM EST
Taiwanese mobile manufacturer HTC finally unwrapped its latest smartphone - HTC One, dubbed as HTC M7 before.
The new smartphone from HTC wowed critics and reviewers at the launch events in New York. The new handset offers a 1.7 GHz quad-core processor; Near Field Communication; LTE mobile broadband; stereo speakers; a big, 4.7 inch screen with a 468 pixel-per-inch resolution; and a 4 "ultrapixels" camera.
The device is expected to battle head on with some of popular smartphones in the market such as the Samsung Galaxy S3, which is tagged as the best-selling smartphone of the second and third quarter of 2012.
Samsung Galaxy S3 was named as the best device/smartphone of 2012. The tech giant's best-selling phone of 2012 boasts a big 4.8 inch super AMOLED screen display, a quad-core processor, expandable storage, 4G/LTE connectivity and NFC support, and a 2100 mAh battery.
The smartphone received the Androidv4.1.2 Jelly Bean OS with Premium Suite that includes some of the amazing features of Samsung Galaxy Note 2.
Below are the five features of HTC One that makes it better than the popular Samsung Galaxy S3.
Screen Display - The HTC One has a 4.7 inch screen with a 468 pixel-per-inch resolution compared to Samsung Galaxy S3's own 4.7-inch Super AMOLED screen.
Processor - HTC One is powered by quad core Qualcomm Snapdragon processor clocked at 1.7 GHz. Samsung's smartphone packs 1.4 GHz quad core Exynos processor.
Operating System - The HTC One will come with Androidv4.1.2 Jelly Bean OS right out of the box. Some Samsung Galaxy S3 owners, especially those who bought the device through a carrier are still waiting for the update in thir handsets.
Camera - HTC One packed a 4 ultrapixels rear camera that promises clearer and more vivid pictures compared to Samsung Galaxy S3's 8 megapixels shooter.
Battery - HTC One has a 2300 mAh embedded rechargeable Li-polymer battery compared to Galaxy S3's 2100 mAh battery.
Samsung Galaxy S3 is now available for purchase in Samsung stores, resellers and through various carriers. The Australian launch of the phone is set on Thursday night. The handset will be available in March in 80 countries around the world, including in Australia. Vodafone, Telstra and Optus are all listed as carrying the device.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Walmart Early Price Matching Special Event On Nov. 21, 2014 Matches Its Competitors' Black Friday 2014 Prices And Includes Exclusive Deals For Samsung LED HDTVs And iPad Air 2 [WATCH VIDEO]
- US Plane Flying Over Russian Skies Spotted; Vladimir Putin Ready For 'Practical Cooperation' With US
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- Alleged 'Microsoft Lumia 1030' Front Panel Leaked With Capacitive Buttons; 'Xbox One' Owners To Get Free Goodies On Anniversary
- Nexus 6 Release Date And Price Under AT&T, T-Mobile And Sprint Listed
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices