Few Wows in New Tablet: Iriver WOWtab with Android Jellybean vs. Nexus 7
By Vittorio Hernandez | February 20, 2013 12:19 PM EST
The new Iriver tablet is expected to arrive in South Korea and define the meaning of out-of-the-box thinking and creative branding. It is one of brands new to the market and lands on the other side of the coin compared to more known brands such as Samsung, HTC and Sony.
The device uses WOW as part of its name, but according to androidauthority.com, it would not elicit a Wow! From users compared to Nexus 7.
Iriver WOWtab does sports a remarkable 7-inch display screen, rectangular slab of silicon, and probably a unique design.
Iriver WOWtab technical specifications:
- 7-inch screen display
- 1280x800 display resolution
- Android 4.1 Jellybean
- NVIDIA Tegra 3 1.2 GHz quad-core processor
- 1GB of RAM
- 16GB of internal storage
- 2MP front-facing camera
- Memory card expansion slot
- 4000mAh battery life
Will it win against Nexus 7? Not in the overall specifications, though Iriver WOWtab has the plus on the storage needs with its memory card expansion which Nexus 7 lacks.
Its screen is not even IPS that Nexus 7 has, but the 1280x800 resolution would be fair enough for its screen size. Users must also be careful when using its touchscreen lest they scratch WOWtab which does not have strong protection like the Corning Gorilla Glass.
The camera in WOWtab is a bit higher with 2MP against the 1.2MP of Nexus 7, but Nexus 7 is ahead when it comes to Android version update for 4.2.1. Both devices have the same amount of 1GB RAM, processor type and clock speed, and wireless connectivity.
For the price, it is a downside for WOWtab which will be sold for around $230 in South Korea compared to Nexus 7's $210.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Malaysia Airlines Considers Changing Name After MH370 and MH17 Tragedies
- Fast Food Meat Scandal: McDonald’s Suspend Nuggets and McSpicy Chicken Filets
- Texas Man Selling Condo With ‘Funniest and Most Revealing Ad’
- Tweens Fool Their Parents Online, McAfee Reports
- Debt-Laden Millennials Join Stock Market
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- Killer Whales Gobble Japanese Whaling Crew
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal
- 5 Marketing Nuggets We Can All Learn From Lady Gaga