Apple iPhone Mini: Release Date in Summer at $330 Price According to Morgan Stanley Analyst
By Jenalyn Villamarin | February 20, 2013 10:40 AM EST
Morgan Stanley analyst Katy Huberty suggests Apple could launch the iPhone Mini in summer to increase the company's sales in China. The iPhone Mini will reportedly have a $330 price that will aid the technology giant to further improve its current market share.
"A low cost iPhone with some basic features could literally triple the market share of the Cupertino Company in China. Having a low priced iPhone Mini in its inventory will enable Apple to add another 20% to its 10% share which it has today. However the key to this venture is an agreement with China Mobile," the Morgan Stanley analyst stated.
The technology giant has been targeting a deal with the China's largest carrier, China Mobile, with more than 800 million subscribers. Apple is currently selling the iPhone smart phones through the carriers China Unicom and China Telecom. With the smart phone prices becoming more stable in China, it would be a perfect time for Apple to launch the iPhone Mini with a China Mobile deal.
Analyst Katy Huberty stated: "We believe Apple could launch iPhone Mini at $330 (about Rmb 2,000) in-line with flagship products in China from Lenovo, Huawei, ZTE and Coolpad. Even in a scenario of low 40% gross margin and 1/3 iPhone cannibalization rate (flattening legacy iPhone shipment growth), which we view as conservative, the iPhone Mini adds incremental revenue and gross profit dollars."
With the price tag of $330, the iPhone Mini will aid Apple in getting hold of a bigger share in the Chinese market as well as competing against rival company Samsung that has a better grip in the South and South East Asian countries.
It is still uncertain if the Apple iPhone Mini will be available in the Europe and United States market where the existing iPhone became a success for the company.
Apple and China Mobile have been in an on- and off- negotiation since 2009 yet the two big companies have not agreed to a deal.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Confirmed With Demo, More Info Revealed
- ‘Minecraft PS Vita,’ PS4 And Xbox One Updates And More On The Microsoft Deal
- 'Dragon Age Inquisition': Three Classes Confirmed—Warrior, Mage And Rogue Abilities Exposed
- 'The Sims 4' Mods: Buff Emotion Changes, Pay Very Low Bills And Enable Advanced Debug For Cheats
- iPhone 6 Plus Sold Out Apple Store Crash Due to Pre-orders: Where to Place Your Orders and the Packages Offered in the US and UK
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date