Apple iPhone Mini: Release Date in Summer at $330 Price According to Morgan Stanley Analyst
By Jenalyn Villamarin | February 20, 2013 10:40 AM EST
Morgan Stanley analyst Katy Huberty suggests Apple could launch the iPhone Mini in summer to increase the company's sales in China. The iPhone Mini will reportedly have a $330 price that will aid the technology giant to further improve its current market share.
"A low cost iPhone with some basic features could literally triple the market share of the Cupertino Company in China. Having a low priced iPhone Mini in its inventory will enable Apple to add another 20% to its 10% share which it has today. However the key to this venture is an agreement with China Mobile," the Morgan Stanley analyst stated.
The technology giant has been targeting a deal with the China's largest carrier, China Mobile, with more than 800 million subscribers. Apple is currently selling the iPhone smart phones through the carriers China Unicom and China Telecom. With the smart phone prices becoming more stable in China, it would be a perfect time for Apple to launch the iPhone Mini with a China Mobile deal.
Analyst Katy Huberty stated: "We believe Apple could launch iPhone Mini at $330 (about Rmb 2,000) in-line with flagship products in China from Lenovo, Huawei, ZTE and Coolpad. Even in a scenario of low 40% gross margin and 1/3 iPhone cannibalization rate (flattening legacy iPhone shipment growth), which we view as conservative, the iPhone Mini adds incremental revenue and gross profit dollars."
With the price tag of $330, the iPhone Mini will aid Apple in getting hold of a bigger share in the Chinese market as well as competing against rival company Samsung that has a better grip in the South and South East Asian countries.
It is still uncertain if the Apple iPhone Mini will be available in the Europe and United States market where the existing iPhone became a success for the company.
Apple and China Mobile have been in an on- and off- negotiation since 2009 yet the two big companies have not agreed to a deal.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Getting Serious With Jennifer Lawrence, Actress Joining Coldplay Tour [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Xbox’s September Games with Gold Features Halo Reach As Halo 5: Guardians And Master Chief Collection Get Details
- ‘Minecraft Xbox One Edition’ Updates From Devs Plus More On Minecraft On The Xbox Platform
- ‘Assassin’s Creed Unity’ Delayed To November As ‘Rogue’ Gets More Story Details
- ‘GTA 5’ Online Updates Radio For PS4, Xbox One As Rockstar Brings Allies For New Sale
- Sony Xperia Z3 Five Things Unveiled: 2 Metres Water-Resistance, Sprint US, Specifications, LTE Certification, Sports Sensor
- Apple iPhone 6 Actual Release Date after September 9 Confirmed 128GB Variant with New Resolution
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Google Chrome 64-bit for Windows 8 and Window 7 with Mac Beta Available
- Apple iOS 8 vs Android 5.0 L: OS Wars Puts Android to Lower while Apple to Higher
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen