Apple iPhone Mini: Release Date in Summer at $330 Price According to Morgan Stanley Analyst
By Jenalyn Villamarin | February 20, 2013 10:40 AM EST
Morgan Stanley analyst Katy Huberty suggests Apple could launch the iPhone Mini in summer to increase the company's sales in China. The iPhone Mini will reportedly have a $330 price that will aid the technology giant to further improve its current market share.
"A low cost iPhone with some basic features could literally triple the market share of the Cupertino Company in China. Having a low priced iPhone Mini in its inventory will enable Apple to add another 20% to its 10% share which it has today. However the key to this venture is an agreement with China Mobile," the Morgan Stanley analyst stated.
The technology giant has been targeting a deal with the China's largest carrier, China Mobile, with more than 800 million subscribers. Apple is currently selling the iPhone smart phones through the carriers China Unicom and China Telecom. With the smart phone prices becoming more stable in China, it would be a perfect time for Apple to launch the iPhone Mini with a China Mobile deal.
Analyst Katy Huberty stated: "We believe Apple could launch iPhone Mini at $330 (about Rmb 2,000) in-line with flagship products in China from Lenovo, Huawei, ZTE and Coolpad. Even in a scenario of low 40% gross margin and 1/3 iPhone cannibalization rate (flattening legacy iPhone shipment growth), which we view as conservative, the iPhone Mini adds incremental revenue and gross profit dollars."
With the price tag of $330, the iPhone Mini will aid Apple in getting hold of a bigger share in the Chinese market as well as competing against rival company Samsung that has a better grip in the South and South East Asian countries.
It is still uncertain if the Apple iPhone Mini will be available in the Europe and United States market where the existing iPhone became a success for the company.
Apple and China Mobile have been in an on- and off- negotiation since 2009 yet the two big companies have not agreed to a deal.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- Windows Phone 8.1, Nokia Lumia Cyan Update: All Supported Devices In Various Regions As Of August
- 'No Man's Sky' For PlayStation 4: The Sun Will Burn Out But The Game Will Go On (Watch Trailer)
- Sony Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide For Xperia Z Devices As Of August 2014
- Sony Xperia M2 Aqua Buyer's Guide: Reasons Why Upgrade From Xperia V Or Xperia ZR
- Xbox One VS. PS4 At PAX Prime 2014:18 Games On Sale And A Lineup Of Xbox Games Revealed
- Apple iWatch is iPhone 6 Accessory on Sept 19 Release Date: 6 Confirmed Specs & Features
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- Product Recall Alert: Hewlett-Packard Pulls Out 6M Power Cords from US, Canada Over Fire Hazard Concerns, Australia Also Affected
- ISIS Wants $6.6M and Release of Aafia Siddiqui in Exchange of Head of Female US Humanitarian Aid Worker, 1st American Fighting for Jihadis Dead
- Ukraine Ceasefire Looks Remote As Putin Talks Tough At Meeting With Poroshenko
- James Foley Torture Involves CIA Waterboarding Technique