Apple iPhone Mini: Release Date in Summer at $330 Price According to Morgan Stanley Analyst
By Jenalyn Villamarin | February 20, 2013 10:40 AM EST
Morgan Stanley analyst Katy Huberty suggests Apple could launch the iPhone Mini in summer to increase the company's sales in China. The iPhone Mini will reportedly have a $330 price that will aid the technology giant to further improve its current market share.
"A low cost iPhone with some basic features could literally triple the market share of the Cupertino Company in China. Having a low priced iPhone Mini in its inventory will enable Apple to add another 20% to its 10% share which it has today. However the key to this venture is an agreement with China Mobile," the Morgan Stanley analyst stated.
The technology giant has been targeting a deal with the China's largest carrier, China Mobile, with more than 800 million subscribers. Apple is currently selling the iPhone smart phones through the carriers China Unicom and China Telecom. With the smart phone prices becoming more stable in China, it would be a perfect time for Apple to launch the iPhone Mini with a China Mobile deal.
Analyst Katy Huberty stated: "We believe Apple could launch iPhone Mini at $330 (about Rmb 2,000) in-line with flagship products in China from Lenovo, Huawei, ZTE and Coolpad. Even in a scenario of low 40% gross margin and 1/3 iPhone cannibalization rate (flattening legacy iPhone shipment growth), which we view as conservative, the iPhone Mini adds incremental revenue and gross profit dollars."
With the price tag of $330, the iPhone Mini will aid Apple in getting hold of a bigger share in the Chinese market as well as competing against rival company Samsung that has a better grip in the South and South East Asian countries.
It is still uncertain if the Apple iPhone Mini will be available in the Europe and United States market where the existing iPhone became a success for the company.
Apple and China Mobile have been in an on- and off- negotiation since 2009 yet the two big companies have not agreed to a deal.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Android 5.0 Lollipop Update Roundup: HTC, Google, LG, Motorola, Xolo, OnePlus, Samsung And Sony Upgrade Plans
- Sony Teases PS4 2.0 System Software Update As Sony Xperia Z2 And Z2 Tablet Get Remote Play
- ‘GTA V’ 1.18 Update: Heists, Zombies, Hydra Jets DLC Seemingly Possible
- ‘Destiny’ ‘The Dark Below’ DLC: XP Boosters, New Armours Revealed, Atheon Fixes
- 'Destiny' Third Subclass Weapon Upgrades: Super And Grenade Modifications Leaked [Video]
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch