Michael Kors to sell big part of stake as shares soar
February 20, 2013 10:21 AM EST
Fashion designer Michael Kors is planning to sell a big chunk of his stake in his namesake fashion house at a time when the company's shares are at an all-time high.
Kors will sell 3 million of his Michael Kors Holdings Inc
The filing came after Kors shares reached a new high, closing at $64.84 (42 pounds) on the New York Stock Exchange on Tuesday. The stock has more than tripled since Kors' IPO in December 2011.
Michael Kors last week raised its full-year sales and profit forecast after reporting large sales increases over the holiday period, including a 41 percent rise in comparable sales in North America last quarter. The company has been taking market share away from the like of Coach Inc
Sportswear Holdings Limited, a global private equity firm that is Kors' largest investor, will sell nearly 19.7 million shares, or 62.9 percent, of its holdings in the company, leaving it with an ownership of 5.8 percent.
Investment vehicles established to benefit the children of Chief Executive John Idol will sell a total 2 million shares in the offering.
The company itself will receive no proceeds from the offering as all shares are being sold by investors.
(Reporting by Phil Wahba; Editing by Leslie Gevirtz)
Most Popular Slideshows
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Getting Serious With Jennifer Lawrence, Actress Joining Coldplay Tour [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Tourre on stand says email in SEC case 'not accurate'
- Syrian authorities blocking access to needy in Homs - Red Cross
- Faith in European Union at low ebb, EU poll says
- Former UBS banker gets 18 months, $1 million fine, for muni bid-rigging scheme
- U.S. judge halts challenges to Detroit's bankruptcy bid
- Apple iPhone 6 Actual Release Date after September 9 Confirmed 128GB Variant with New Resolution
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans