Michael Kors to sells big part of stake as shares soar
February 20, 2013 9:42 AM EST
Fashion designer Michael Kors is planning to sell a big chunk of his stake in his namesake fashion house at a time when the company's shares are at an all-time high.
Kors will sell 3 million of his Michael Kors Holdings Inc
The filing came after Kors shares reached a new high, closing at $64.84 (42 pounds) on the New York Stock Exchange on Tuesday. The stock has more than tripled since Kors' IPO in December 2011.
Michael Kors last week raised its full-year sales and profit forecast after reporting large sales increases over the holiday period, including a 41 percent rise in comparable sales in North America last quarter. The company has been taking market share away from the like of Coach Inc
Sportswear Holdings Limited, a global private equity firm that is Kors' largest investor, will sell nearly 19.7 million shares, or 62.9 percent, of its holdings in the company, leaving it with an ownership of 5.8 percent.
Investment vehicles established to benefit the children of Chief Executive John Idol will sell a total 2 million shares in the offering.
The company itself will receive no proceeds from the offering as all shares are being sold by investors.
(Reporting by Phil Wahba; Editing by Leslie Gevirtz)
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Kanye West, Ben Affleck, Serena Williams Are Victims Of Migraines: Ways To Tackle It
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- Women’s Tennis’ Grand Slam Winners Of 2014 - Li Na, Sharapova, Kvitova, And Williams
Join the Conversation
- Tourre on stand says email in SEC case 'not accurate'
- Syrian authorities blocking access to needy in Homs - Red Cross
- Faith in European Union at low ebb, EU poll says
- Former UBS banker gets 18 months, $1 million fine, for muni bid-rigging scheme
- U.S. judge halts challenges to Detroit's bankruptcy bid
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date