Michael Kors to sells big part of stake as shares soar
February 20, 2013 9:42 AM EST
Fashion designer Michael Kors is planning to sell a big chunk of his stake in his namesake fashion house at a time when the company's shares are at an all-time high.
Kors will sell 3 million of his Michael Kors Holdings Inc
The filing came after Kors shares reached a new high, closing at $64.84 (42 pounds) on the New York Stock Exchange on Tuesday. The stock has more than tripled since Kors' IPO in December 2011.
Michael Kors last week raised its full-year sales and profit forecast after reporting large sales increases over the holiday period, including a 41 percent rise in comparable sales in North America last quarter. The company has been taking market share away from the like of Coach Inc
Sportswear Holdings Limited, a global private equity firm that is Kors' largest investor, will sell nearly 19.7 million shares, or 62.9 percent, of its holdings in the company, leaving it with an ownership of 5.8 percent.
Investment vehicles established to benefit the children of Chief Executive John Idol will sell a total 2 million shares in the offering.
The company itself will receive no proceeds from the offering as all shares are being sold by investors.
(Reporting by Phil Wahba; Editing by Leslie Gevirtz)
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Tourre on stand says email in SEC case 'not accurate'
- Syrian authorities blocking access to needy in Homs - Red Cross
- Faith in European Union at low ebb, EU poll says
- Former UBS banker gets 18 months, $1 million fine, for muni bid-rigging scheme
- U.S. judge halts challenges to Detroit's bankruptcy bid
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Killer Whales Gobble Japanese Whaling Crew
- 12-inch MacBook Apple Retina and 2014 MacBook Pro to Feature Liquid Sensors, Release in October
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal
- 5 Marketing Nuggets We Can All Learn From Lady Gaga
- Malaysia Airlines Considers Changing Name After MH370 and MH17 Tragedies