BofA's Moynihan gets 73 percent pay increase in 2012
February 20, 2013 9:14 AM EST
Bank of America Corp
The second-largest U.S. bank gave Moynihan 926,238 shares of stock in three types of grants, including restricted shares and performance-based shares, according to a regulatory filing on Tuesday.
Moynihan earned a $950,000 salary in 2012, but received no cash bonus, similar to 2011, a person familiar with the situation said. The CEO's 2013 salary will increase to $1.5 million, the person said.
The stock grants for 2012 were worth $11.1 million at the closing price of $12.03 on Friday, the date they were awarded. Moynihan received grants worth about $6.1 million for 2011.
Bank of America's shares rose 109 percent in 2012, the best performance among stocks in the Dow Jones Industrial Average, as investors grew confident it had the capital it needed to meet new international guidelines.
Moynihan, however, is still wrestling with losses from the bank's 2008 Countrywide Financial acquisition and is under pressure to show the bank can increase earnings at a time of low interest rates and tighter regulations.
(Reporting By Ben Berkowitz; Editing by Gary Hill and Andre Grenon)
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Tourre on stand says email in SEC case 'not accurate'
- Syrian authorities blocking access to needy in Homs - Red Cross
- Faith in European Union at low ebb, EU poll says
- Former UBS banker gets 18 months, $1 million fine, for muni bid-rigging scheme
- U.S. judge halts challenges to Detroit's bankruptcy bid
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage