Wall Street closes up on M&A activity
February 20, 2013 8:14 AM EST
U.S. stocks rose on Tuesday as this year's ongoing surge in merger activity suggested investors were still finding value in the market even as indexes hovered near five-year highs.
Based on the latest available data, the Dow Jones industrial average <.DJI> was up 53.22 points, or 0.38 percent, at 14,034.98. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index <.SPX> was up 10.96 points, or 0.72 percent, at 1,530.75. The Nasdaq Composite Index <.IXIC> was up 21.56 points, or 0.68 percent, at 3,213.59.
(Reporting By Caroline Valetkevitch; Editing by Nick Zieminski)
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona, Man Utd to Compete for Juan Cuadrado's Signature as Fiorentina Reveal Willingness to Sell
- Hilary Duff's New Music Video Chasing the Sun Goes Viral on YouTube [WATCH VIDEO]
- LeBron James to Return to Miami, Face Heat on Christmas Day 2014
- Shanghai Stock Exchange Will Not Extend Trading Hours
- Qatar's Surging Real Estate Prices Won't Affect Thriving Economy – Report