Rihanna Texted Drake, Leading To Her Breakup With Chris Brown, Sources Say
By Amethyst Tate | February 20, 2013 3:47 AM EST
Drake may be to blame for the alleged break up between Rihanna and Chris Brown, after reports surfaced that Brown saw texts she sent to the rapper.
Drake and Rihanna are rumored to have had a brief fling before going their separate ways last year.
"I think we have a connection that's established for life ... I love and support her unconditionally and I like to think she feels the same way," Drake recently said about his relationship with the "Rude Boy" beauty in a radio interview last summer.
According to The Sun, Rihanna may feel the same love for Drake.
“Chris and Rihanna had a big bust-up at the Grammys over Drake,” a source told the publication.
“She was messaging him and Chris saw and it didn’t go down well. Since that night they have barely spoken and have been doing their own things. For now they have split up but they will probably make up at some point.”
Brown and Rihanna dated for two years before the relationship ended violently, when Brown attacked Rihanna while driving, in 2009.
She has since forgiven him, calling him the "love of her life" in an interview last year with talk show host Oprah.
If Rihanna texting Drake did in fact lead to her break up with Brown, that would explain why she is spending time in Hawaii with girlfriends as she gets ready to celebrate her 25th birthday Wednesday.
Rihanna’s best friend Melissa Forde posted a bikini-clad Rihanna smoking while relaxing on the premiere vacation spot a day before her 25th birthday.
“My [expletive] bad lookin like a bag o money [sic].” Forde tweeted as a photo caption.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy: Alleged Miscarriage Makes Prince William and Prince Harry Somber - Reports
- Beyonce &Jay Z Marriage Story: Bey Not Attracted to Jay, Married Him for Professional Growth - Reports
- Kendra Wilkinson's Divorce Troubles: Hank Baskett Cheated Before Allegedly Caught with Transexual Model - Reports
- Khloe Kardashian Feels her Failed Marriage with Lamar Odom Helped Cause Rob Kardashian's Depression
- The Bachelor Update: Find Out if Juan Pablo and Nikki Ferrell Are Still With Each Other
- Transfer News: Ron Vlaar to Consider Villa Exit, May Move to Tottenham
- AS Roma's Seydou Keita Throws Water Bottle at Real Madrid defender Pepe for Spitting [VIDEO]
- The Mentalist Season 7 Spoilers: CBS Skips Simon Baker's Patrick Jane in Fall Schedule, Josie Loren Joins Cast
- Game of Thrones Season 5 Update: Maisie Williams Talks Arya Stark, Lady Stoneheart, and Surprises
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona, Man Utd to Compete for Juan Cuadrado's Signature as Fiorentina Reveal Willingness to Sell