Is Led Zeppelin Reunion on the Cards for 2014?
By Toyin Owoseje | February 20, 2013 12:40 AM EST
Led Zeppelin frontman Robert Plant has hinted that the band may reunite next year.
After years of snubbing the idea, the 64-year-old rocker said he would be up for a reunion but the final decision lies with former bandmates Jimmy Page and John Paul Jones.
"I've got nothing to do in 2014," he told Tara Brown on Australia's 60 Minutes TV programme.
Although the British band reformed briefly in 2007 for a one-off gig at London's O2 Arena, there has not been any talk of a comeback until now. They played that gig with Jason Bonham on drums, the son of their original drummer, John Bonham,
"[In 2007] we just wanted to play and see what it was like and be good once," Plant said. "It was time to be good - and we were."
Plant denied claims that he was the main obstacle to a full reunion and blamed Page and Jones' silence on the fact that they are born under the sign of Capricorn.
"They don't say a word. They're quite contained in their own worlds and they leave it to me. I'm not the bad guy. You need to see the Capricorns," he said.
It will be the first time the band has played together since 10 December 2007 where they were joined by Jason Bonham, son of the band's first drummer, John Bonham, who died in 1980.
Led Zeppelin found fame in the 70s and are one of the best-selling, most successful, heavy rock groups of all time.
Their songs include Stairway to Heaven, Dazed and Confused, Since I've Been Loving You, Rock and Roll, and Kashmir.
Band members are in talks with online firms to stream their back catalogue over the internet.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy: Alleged Miscarriage Makes Prince William and Prince Harry Somber - Reports
- Beyonce &Jay Z Marriage Story: Bey Not Attracted to Jay, Married Him for Professional Growth - Reports
- Kendra Wilkinson's Divorce Troubles: Hank Baskett Cheated Before Allegedly Caught with Transexual Model - Reports
- Khloe Kardashian Feels her Failed Marriage with Lamar Odom Helped Cause Rob Kardashian's Depression
- The Big Bang Theory: Mayim Bialik Talks about Sheldon, Amy Kiss in Season 7 [KISS VIDEO]
- Manchester United Transfer News: Wilfried Zaha Might Stay After Impressing Van Gaal Against Inter [VIDEO]
- Grimm Season 4 Spoilers: Comic-Con Answers Served, Nick 'Un-Grimmed' Affects His Wesen Friends' Honeymoon
- Transfer News: Ron Vlaar to Consider Villa Exit, May Move to Tottenham
- AS Roma's Seydou Keita Throws Water Bottle at Real Madrid defender Pepe for Spitting [VIDEO]
- The Mentalist Season 7 Spoilers: CBS Skips Simon Baker's Patrick Jane in Fall Schedule, Josie Loren Joins Cast