Is Led Zeppelin Reunion on the Cards for 2014?
By Toyin Owoseje | February 20, 2013 12:40 AM EST
Led Zeppelin frontman Robert Plant has hinted that the band may reunite next year.
After years of snubbing the idea, the 64-year-old rocker said he would be up for a reunion but the final decision lies with former bandmates Jimmy Page and John Paul Jones.
"I've got nothing to do in 2014," he told Tara Brown on Australia's 60 Minutes TV programme.
Although the British band reformed briefly in 2007 for a one-off gig at London's O2 Arena, there has not been any talk of a comeback until now. They played that gig with Jason Bonham on drums, the son of their original drummer, John Bonham,
"[In 2007] we just wanted to play and see what it was like and be good once," Plant said. "It was time to be good - and we were."
Plant denied claims that he was the main obstacle to a full reunion and blamed Page and Jones' silence on the fact that they are born under the sign of Capricorn.
"They don't say a word. They're quite contained in their own worlds and they leave it to me. I'm not the bad guy. You need to see the Capricorns," he said.
It will be the first time the band has played together since 10 December 2007 where they were joined by Jason Bonham, son of the band's first drummer, John Bonham, who died in 1980.
Led Zeppelin found fame in the 70s and are one of the best-selling, most successful, heavy rock groups of all time.
Their songs include Stairway to Heaven, Dazed and Confused, Since I've Been Loving You, Rock and Roll, and Kashmir.
Band members are in talks with online firms to stream their back catalogue over the internet.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- 'Star Wars 7': Luke Skywalker Exiled, Turns Into Powerful Wizard
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice’: Leaked Videos Show Batmobile In Motion; Vehicle Reportedly 'Stolen'
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’: Black Panther Powerful Than Ultron, Can Be New Iron Man
- The Pirate Bay Founder Gottfrid Svartholm Trial’s Second Week: TPB Founder’s Co-Defendant Answers Questions Plus Jacob Appelbaum Appears
- Miley Cyrus Naked Picture In Bathroom: 'Bangerz' Singer Shares The Racy Picture With Fans
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date