Is Led Zeppelin Reunion on the Cards for 2014?
By Toyin Owoseje | February 20, 2013 12:40 AM EST
Led Zeppelin frontman Robert Plant has hinted that the band may reunite next year.
After years of snubbing the idea, the 64-year-old rocker said he would be up for a reunion but the final decision lies with former bandmates Jimmy Page and John Paul Jones.
"I've got nothing to do in 2014," he told Tara Brown on Australia's 60 Minutes TV programme.
Although the British band reformed briefly in 2007 for a one-off gig at London's O2 Arena, there has not been any talk of a comeback until now. They played that gig with Jason Bonham on drums, the son of their original drummer, John Bonham,
"[In 2007] we just wanted to play and see what it was like and be good once," Plant said. "It was time to be good - and we were."
Plant denied claims that he was the main obstacle to a full reunion and blamed Page and Jones' silence on the fact that they are born under the sign of Capricorn.
"They don't say a word. They're quite contained in their own worlds and they leave it to me. I'm not the bad guy. You need to see the Capricorns," he said.
It will be the first time the band has played together since 10 December 2007 where they were joined by Jason Bonham, son of the band's first drummer, John Bonham, who died in 1980.
Led Zeppelin found fame in the 70s and are one of the best-selling, most successful, heavy rock groups of all time.
Their songs include Stairway to Heaven, Dazed and Confused, Since I've Been Loving You, Rock and Roll, and Kashmir.
Band members are in talks with online firms to stream their back catalogue over the internet.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kristen Stewart Moving On With Nicholas Hoult, Jennifer Lawrence Dating Chris Martin – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 9/11 Dust Cloud Most Likely Have Created Pregnancy Issues: Celebrities Who Posed Nude During Pregnancy
Join the Conversation
- ‘Star Wars: Episode VII’: Han Solo's Super Star Destroyer, Costumes And Weapons
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’: Top 5 Revelations Of Season 8
- 'NCIS' Season 12 Spoilers: Ziva David Out, Tony's New Love Could be Stephanie Jacobsen's Leia; Troian Bellisario Teases 'Reunion' Photo
- 'X-Men: Apocalypse' : Wolverine's Costume's Leaked Image Hints to Traditional Look, Hugh Jackman to Play the Character Till Scripts Excite Him
- ‘Star Wars: Episode VII’: Tatooine Set Leaked, Reveals Tusken Raiders Huts
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- ISIS: More Journalists Beheading To Come After James Foley and Steven Sotloff [Video]
- Moto X+1 is Likely Nexus 6 Template; Motorola Shamu is 1st Android Silver with Snapdragon 810 – Reports
- James Foley’s Executioner Has British Accent—A Chilling Reminder That ISIS Has Foreign Members
- ISIS Posts Graphic Beheading Video of US Journalist James Foley
- iPhone 6 Release Date Remains On Course for Sept-Oct 2014 as Apple Delays iWatch Debut to 2015
- James Foley: More Chilling Information Revealed By Escaped Journalists