Chelsea Striker Target Learning English
By Vishnuprasad S | February 20, 2013 12:24 AM EST
Atletico Madrid striker and Chelsea target Radamel Falcao has sparked more speculation regarding his future, by revealing that he is currently learning English.
The Colombian has been heavily linked with a move away from Atletico in the summer, with several top European clubs, including Chelsea, Manchester City and Real Madrid, understood to be interested in him. It is widely assumed that Falcao's next destination would be the Premier League and the player's latest revelation has refuelled those rumours.
"English? I am learning. I have many years ahead of me, so I hope the next time I go on holiday, I have the chance to use it," Goal.com quoted the 27-year-old .
Falcao, who joined Atletico from Porto in the summer of 2011, has scored 24 goals in 25 appearances so far this season. He expressed his concerns over the economic crisis currently sweeping Spain but also admitted that footballers are hardly affected by such issues.
"Clearly the economic situation in the country is not easy. A footballer always lives in a bubble, because when such things come along they are not affected by the crisis, but I do know how things are because otherwise I would not be living in this world. I have the privilege of having a job and that, today, is something that I value greatly," the forward pointed out.
Martinez: Do Not Compare me to Falcao
Meanwhile, Porto striker Jackson Martinez insists he does not have a rivalry with Falcao.
The 26-year-old signed for the Portuguese side last summer as a replacement for compatriot Falcao, who moved to Atletico a year earlier, after scoring 72 goals in 87 appearances. However, Martinez, who has netted 23 times from 22 matches this season, shrugged off any comparisons.
"First of all, I don't like comparisons because I think that everybody has their own style of play. Falcao wrote his history here at this club and I'm just starting mine," the Colombian told Uefa.com
"In terms of looking at Falcao as a rival, people might think that but it isn't true. I'm good friends with Falcao, and I see him as a good person and that he is doing his best, just like I do," Martinez added.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Shockingly Sign Valencia Defender [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Roger Federer Brings Danger To Novak Djokovic, Rafael Nadal at US Open
- Rugby Sevens Semis & Finals Live Stream, Schedule & Results – Commonwealth Games 2014
- Serena Williams Makes History; Among Most Dominant World's No.1 in History
- A Beautiful Distraction: 5 Things You Need to Know About Sabina Altynbekova
- Boxing News 2014: 50 Cent Hits Mayweather Over Money Deal, Mocks Boxer in Instagram for Losing GF to Nelly
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Nexus 5 and Nexus 7 Android 5.0 L Material Design Coming with More Interface Changes
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs OnePlusOne vs Nexus 5: Mi4 is the ‘Perfect’ Phone
- Israeli Women Stripping Naked for IDF Soldiers
- Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE-A Android 4.4.2 KitKat Update Rolls Out: When to Hit Your Region
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- Shocking Video of Pedigree Dog Culling in Bali Emerges [Video]