Stock index futures points to higher open
February 19, 2013 11:00 PM EST
Stock index futures pointed to a higher open on Wall Street on Tuesday as U.S. stock markets reopen after the Presidents' Day holiday.
Futures for the S&P 500 0.1 percent, Dow Jones futures 0.1 percent and Nasdaq 100 futures 0.2 percent at 1042 GMT.
The pan-European FTSEurofirst 300 index <.FTEU3> rose 0.6 percent, helped by better-than-expected German ZEW economic sentiment.
Japan's Nikkei share average edged down on Tuesday as Japanese Finance Minister Taro Aso played down talk of foreign bond buying by the central bank, while index heavyweight Fanuc Corp <6954.T> dropped on weak machine tool orders from China.
The National Association of Home Builders and Wells Fargo issue the February housing market index at 1500 GMT, expected to come in at 48, up from 47 in the previous month.
Office Depot Inc
Cells in a second lithium-ion battery on a Boeing Co
European data watchdogs said on Monday they plan to take action against Google
Russian developer Regions Group said it planned to invest around $3 billion in the construction of three theme parks under a licensing agreement with Dreamworks Animation SKG Inc
An investor bid to break up Hess Corp's
Swiss authorities said on Monday they have not yet been asked to help a U.S. investigation into alleged insider trading in call options of H.J. Heinz Co
Hotel operator Marriott International is also among companies due to report results
The Dow Jones industrial average <.DJI> closed up 11.27 points, or 0.08 percent, at 13,984.66 on Friday. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index <.SPX> was up 0.32 points, or 0.02 percent, at 1,521.70. The Nasdaq Composite Index <.IXIC> was up 1.51 points, or 0.05 percent, at 3,200.17.
(Reporting By Francesco Canepa and David Brett. Editing by Jeremy Gaunt.)
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- Apple Logo on iPhone 6 Might Double as Notification LED; Roughly 80M iPhone 6 Units Ordered Targeting Release Date—Reports
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June