Stock index futures points to higher open
February 19, 2013 11:00 PM EST
Stock index futures pointed to a higher open on Wall Street on Tuesday as U.S. stock markets reopen after the Presidents' Day holiday.
Futures for the S&P 500 0.1 percent, Dow Jones futures 0.1 percent and Nasdaq 100 futures 0.2 percent at 1042 GMT.
The pan-European FTSEurofirst 300 index <.FTEU3> rose 0.6 percent, helped by better-than-expected German ZEW economic sentiment.
Japan's Nikkei share average edged down on Tuesday as Japanese Finance Minister Taro Aso played down talk of foreign bond buying by the central bank, while index heavyweight Fanuc Corp <6954.T> dropped on weak machine tool orders from China.
The National Association of Home Builders and Wells Fargo issue the February housing market index at 1500 GMT, expected to come in at 48, up from 47 in the previous month.
Office Depot Inc
Cells in a second lithium-ion battery on a Boeing Co
European data watchdogs said on Monday they plan to take action against Google
Russian developer Regions Group said it planned to invest around $3 billion in the construction of three theme parks under a licensing agreement with Dreamworks Animation SKG Inc
An investor bid to break up Hess Corp's
Swiss authorities said on Monday they have not yet been asked to help a U.S. investigation into alleged insider trading in call options of H.J. Heinz Co
Hotel operator Marriott International is also among companies due to report results
The Dow Jones industrial average <.DJI> closed up 11.27 points, or 0.08 percent, at 13,984.66 on Friday. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index <.SPX> was up 0.32 points, or 0.02 percent, at 1,521.70. The Nasdaq Composite Index <.IXIC> was up 1.51 points, or 0.05 percent, at 3,200.17.
(Reporting By Francesco Canepa and David Brett. Editing by Jeremy Gaunt.)
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- U.S and Canada Fighter Jets Chase Out Russian Jets Near Alaska: Air Space Violation Not Confirmed
- Microsoft Doubles OneDrive Space To 30GB Due To iOS 8 Update Issues
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?