Canada’s Outgoing Central Bank Governor Set To Reform Bank Of England
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | February 19, 2013 10:27 PM EST
Canada's outgoing Central Bank Governor Mark Carney is looking forward to improving the Bank of England and sparking reforms across Europe.
Hinting an outsider's prospective is needed to reform the bank, the former governor of the Central Bank said that he would reform the bank and eventually spur reform in and around Europe.
"The value of me going there to the institution is to bring a different perspective," CTV News quoted Mark Carney as saying.
While noting that Canadian journalists were more understanding than British journalists when it came to respecting privacy, Mark Carney said that he is ready to face the British media who are more prying.
"I think we have a very mature media culture here that focuses on the right things, focuses on the issues," Mark told CTV News.
He said that he was planning to return to Canada after working as governor of the bank of England.
"This is where my friends are, this is obviously where my family is, and it's just natural," said Mark.
The 47-year-old will set in as governor of the Bank of England in July and he will be the first foreign governor to run the British central bank.
Since he took over the Bank of Canada in 2008, Mark Carney has won hearts of the Canadian people for protecting Canada from the global economic recession that hit almost all the countries.
Speaking on debt accumulation, the former governor of Bank of Canada said that the debt accumulation in Canada had slowed to three percent from ten percent in recent months.
When asked about the recent drop in housing market, he warned that the housing market might fall down over the couple of years to come.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- New Zealand and China Decide to Boost Defence Ties
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Russian Govt Found Tinkering Wikipedia Crash Info
- Scientists Warn MERS Virus Could be Spread Airborne
- British PM Cameron Urges Tough Sanctions Against Russia
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales