Canada’s Outgoing Central Bank Governor Set To Reform Bank Of England
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | February 19, 2013 10:27 PM EST
Canada's outgoing Central Bank Governor Mark Carney is looking forward to improving the Bank of England and sparking reforms across Europe.
Hinting an outsider's prospective is needed to reform the bank, the former governor of the Central Bank said that he would reform the bank and eventually spur reform in and around Europe.
"The value of me going there to the institution is to bring a different perspective," CTV News quoted Mark Carney as saying.
While noting that Canadian journalists were more understanding than British journalists when it came to respecting privacy, Mark Carney said that he is ready to face the British media who are more prying.
"I think we have a very mature media culture here that focuses on the right things, focuses on the issues," Mark told CTV News.
He said that he was planning to return to Canada after working as governor of the bank of England.
"This is where my friends are, this is obviously where my family is, and it's just natural," said Mark.
The 47-year-old will set in as governor of the Bank of England in July and he will be the first foreign governor to run the British central bank.
Since he took over the Bank of Canada in 2008, Mark Carney has won hearts of the Canadian people for protecting Canada from the global economic recession that hit almost all the countries.
Speaking on debt accumulation, the former governor of Bank of Canada said that the debt accumulation in Canada had slowed to three percent from ten percent in recent months.
When asked about the recent drop in housing market, he warned that the housing market might fall down over the couple of years to come.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Monday Night Football Recap: Chicago Bears 27, New York Jets 19
- Kate Middleton, Kelly Brook Have 'Most Perfect Breasts' While Kim Kardashian, Rihanna Have 'Least Desirable' Breasts, New Survey Finds [SEE PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
Join the Conversation
- U.S and Canada Fighter Jets Chase Out Russian Jets Near Alaska: Air Space Violation Not Confirmed
- US-led Coalition Has Launched First Airstrike vs. ISIS in Syria – Pentagon
- ISIS Used 'GTA 5' in Teen Recruitment Video, Violent Games Help Gain More Followers
- Chilling: Group Deadlier Than ISIS Had Risen
- MH 17 Victims’ In Germany To Sue Ukraine For Man Slaughter: German Pilot Says Plane's Cockpit Was Fired From Both Sides
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- Galaxy Note 4 vs iPhone 6 Plus: Better Performing Display and Best Overall Screen
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Samsung Galaxy S5: Battle of the Samsung Flagship Smartphones
- Apple iPad Air 2, OS X Yosemite Release Date Set For October, While iPad Mini 3 With Retina Headed For 2015 Release
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- Galaxy Note 4 vs iPhone 6: Performance, Sales, iOS 8 and Android 5.0 L