Bumi shareholder Standard Life backs board
February 19, 2013 10:14 PM EST
Standard Life Investments, one of the largest shareholders in Bumi Plc
Rothschild last month called for a meeting to allow shareholders to vote on his plan to revive Bumi by bringing in a new board and a more operational focus, without the participation of his one-time partners, the Bakrie family.
The alternative is to back a plan led by the current board, including an agreed split with the Bakries. Rothschild has cast doubt on whether that split will go ahead.
"After careful consideration of the resolutions we believe the restructured Bumi plc board has the best prospects of exiting the Bakrie relationship and maximising long term value for the remaining shareholders," David Cumming, Head of Equities at Standard Life Investments said, adding the group would support the board and vote against all resolutions to be considered on Thursday.
"We have made clear to Bumi the importance we attach to the successful restructuring of its board and the strengthening of its executive team. These are pre requisites for restoring confidence and delivering the returns shareholders expect."
Standard Life Investments holds 2.17 percent of Bumi's issued share capital.
(Reporting by Sinead Cruise and Clara Ferreira-Marques)
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Tourre on stand says email in SEC case 'not accurate'
- Syrian authorities blocking access to needy in Homs - Red Cross
- Faith in European Union at low ebb, EU poll says
- Former UBS banker gets 18 months, $1 million fine, for muni bid-rigging scheme
- U.S. judge halts challenges to Detroit's bankruptcy bid
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’
- Canada Raises National Terror Alert Level after Suspected Jihadist Runs Over Soldier