Bumi shareholder Standard Life backs board
February 19, 2013 10:14 PM EST
Standard Life Investments, one of the largest shareholders in Bumi Plc
Rothschild last month called for a meeting to allow shareholders to vote on his plan to revive Bumi by bringing in a new board and a more operational focus, without the participation of his one-time partners, the Bakrie family.
The alternative is to back a plan led by the current board, including an agreed split with the Bakries. Rothschild has cast doubt on whether that split will go ahead.
"After careful consideration of the resolutions we believe the restructured Bumi plc board has the best prospects of exiting the Bakrie relationship and maximising long term value for the remaining shareholders," David Cumming, Head of Equities at Standard Life Investments said, adding the group would support the board and vote against all resolutions to be considered on Thursday.
"We have made clear to Bumi the importance we attach to the successful restructuring of its board and the strengthening of its executive team. These are pre requisites for restoring confidence and delivering the returns shareholders expect."
Standard Life Investments holds 2.17 percent of Bumi's issued share capital.
(Reporting by Sinead Cruise and Clara Ferreira-Marques)
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Tourre on stand says email in SEC case 'not accurate'
- Syrian authorities blocking access to needy in Homs - Red Cross
- Faith in European Union at low ebb, EU poll says
- Former UBS banker gets 18 months, $1 million fine, for muni bid-rigging scheme
- U.S. judge halts challenges to Detroit's bankruptcy bid
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- 5 Food Scandals That Shocked The World
- Iran Leader Asks Muslims to Supply Arms to Palestine, Calls Israel ‘Rapacious Wolf’
- Nexus 6 Likely Confirmed as Motorola 5.9-Inch Phablet on Release Date – Report
- Apple on 5.5-inch iPhone 6 Release Will Not Happen Until 2015 with Stocks Poised to Soar