Bumi shareholder Standard Life backs board
February 19, 2013 10:14 PM EST
Standard Life Investments, one of the largest shareholders in Bumi Plc
Rothschild last month called for a meeting to allow shareholders to vote on his plan to revive Bumi by bringing in a new board and a more operational focus, without the participation of his one-time partners, the Bakrie family.
The alternative is to back a plan led by the current board, including an agreed split with the Bakries. Rothschild has cast doubt on whether that split will go ahead.
"After careful consideration of the resolutions we believe the restructured Bumi plc board has the best prospects of exiting the Bakrie relationship and maximising long term value for the remaining shareholders," David Cumming, Head of Equities at Standard Life Investments said, adding the group would support the board and vote against all resolutions to be considered on Thursday.
"We have made clear to Bumi the importance we attach to the successful restructuring of its board and the strengthening of its executive team. These are pre requisites for restoring confidence and delivering the returns shareholders expect."
Standard Life Investments holds 2.17 percent of Bumi's issued share capital.
(Reporting by Sinead Cruise and Clara Ferreira-Marques)
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Tourre on stand says email in SEC case 'not accurate'
- Syrian authorities blocking access to needy in Homs - Red Cross
- Faith in European Union at low ebb, EU poll says
- Former UBS banker gets 18 months, $1 million fine, for muni bid-rigging scheme
- U.S. judge halts challenges to Detroit's bankruptcy bid
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Sony Xperia M2 vs. Moto G – Specifications, Features and Price Showdown