Athletic Bilbao Star in Talks With Arsenal, Claims Agent
By Naveen Ullal | February 19, 2013 10:07 PM EST
Athletic Bilbao defender Fernando Amorebieta's agent has revealed his client could join Arsenal at the end of the season.
The 27-year-old's current contract runs out in the summer and has not agreed a new deal with the Spanish club, making him a free agent at the end of the season. The Venezuela international has been linked with a move to the Emirates, while Liverpool are also keeping tabs on the player.
In addition to this, Russian side Anzhi Makhachkala recently made contact with the defender's agent but their approach was rejected by Amorebieta as he has now set his eyes on playing in England, according to his representative Gines Carvajal.
"We have had some contacts with Anzhi, they were ready to make a good offer, but my client wants to play in England, so the transfer to Russia was not possible. We are in talks with Arsenal, he could join them in June," the Daily Mirror quoted Carvajal.
Should Amorebieta join the north London club in the summer, it would be a major boost for Arsene Wenger in strengthening his back four, especially with Thomas Vermaelen being linked with a move to Barcelona.
Ramsey Prepared to Play in Any Position for Arsenal
Meanwhile, Aaron Ramsey has revealed that he is ready to play in any position for the north London club. The 22-year-old was recently deployed in the right-back position during their recent league game against Sunderland, after Carl Jenkinson was sent off.
"I've played in many positions this year. I had to go to right back as well against Sunderland for a bit. I think the only position I haven't played is in goal - I'm sure that'll come. I'm a centre midfielder, that's my preferred position. But if I'm asked to do a job somewhere, I'm not going to turn it down. I'll do it for the team and the boss," Ramsey told the club web site.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Has Got Chris Algieri Fight All Figured Out
- New York Knicks Vs. Cleveland Cavaliers Live Streaming Info, Preview And Betting Odds
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Los Angeles Lakers Suffer Second Straight Loss, Phoenix Suns Deal Kobe Bryant Another Blowout Defeat, 119-99
- Female Boxer Dies In South Africa Following Knockout Blow
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2
- Canada’s Official ISIS Mission Starts On Weekend; Kuwait Uneasy