Root Galaxy S3 I9300 Running on Android 4.1.2 XXEMB1 Jelly Bean [Tutorial]
By Sarmistha Acharya | February 19, 2013 7:49 PM EST
Samsung has recently released Android 4.1.2 XXEMB1 Jelly Bean official update for the international version of Galaxy S3 (model number I9300) users from the UK. The latest Jelly Bean build is an unbranded firmware and can be installed via Samsung kies.
Galaxy S3 users, who have already updated their devices with Android 4.1.2 XXEMB1 Jelly Bean, may follow our step-by-step instruction guide below to root the same. The method uses CF-Auto-Root files which carries a few features.
ClockworkMod (CWM) recovery v5.5
CWM Manager v3.60
IBTimes UK reminds its readers that it will not be held responsible for any damage to the device. Users are reminded to verify the model number of their devices since the root package works only with Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300.
1) Install USB Drivers for Samsung Galaxy S3 on the computer.
2) Enable USB Debugging Mode. [Press Menu>> Settings>> Applications. From there navigate and click on Development option and ensure the USB Debugging Mode is turned on.]
3) Create back-up for all the data of the phone including the ClockworkMod recovery.
4) Ensure the battery of Galaxy S3 is having more than 80 per cent of charge.
5) Rooting the Galaxy S3 will void manufacturer's warranty.
6) The phone should be factory unlocked.
Steps to root Galaxy S3 I9300 on Android 4.1.2 XXEMB1 Jelly Bean
1) Download CF-Root-SGS3-v6.4.zip for Galaxy S3 to the computer and extract the zip file
2) Download Odin v1.85
3) Power off the phone and boot into Download Mode. Press and hold Volume Down, Home and Power buttons together until the construction Android robot and a triangle arrives. Then press the Power button again to enter Download Mode
4) Open Odin on the computer
5) Connect the phone to the computer using USB cable while it is in the Download Mode. If the phone is connected successfully, one of the ID: COM boxes will turn yellow with the COM port number. This step will take some time
6) In Odin click on PDA and select the CF-Root-SGS3-v6.4.tar
7) Ensure the Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time options are selected in Odin
8) Now click the Start button in Odin to begin the installation which would take a few minutes to complete
9) Once the installation process is completed, the phone will automatically restart. After the Home screen appears, unplug the USB cable from the phone
Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300 running on official Android 4.1.2 XXEMB1 Jelly Bean firmware is now rooted successfully. To ensure the above mentioned root method is working correctly, verify with the Root Checker app available at Google Play Store.
[Source: Team Android]
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail: