The countdown for the Brit Awards 2013 has begun and the biggest music names in the UK will hit the red carpet at London's O2 Arena. The award ceremony will be hosted by comedian James Corden and the event will be broadcast LIVE on ITV1 and ITV1 HD from 8pm. For the red carpet show, one can tune to ITV2 between 7-8pm.
- Viewers who prefer watching the ceremony at home can stream the event live online from the official Youtube website.
- Live updates are available on the BRIT Awards'Facebook page,Tumblr and throughTwitter (followwith these hashtags - #BRITs2013, #BRITAwards, #BRITstagram)
- Capital FM will also provide live commentary of the event.
- For the first time, viewers will be able to use Shazam, to get exclusive content delivered to their smartphone. The free Shazam apps are available in the iTunes App Store, Google Play, Amazon App Store, the Nokia Store, Windows Phone Marketplace, BlackBerry App World and GetJar.
Singer Emeli Sande is leading with four nominations including - best female, best album and has two tracks in the best single category. Mumford and Sons, Alt-J and Rita Ora have three nominations each this year. Meanwhile, Rihanna, Coldplay, Muse, Paloma Faith, Plan B, Olly Murs, Jessie Ware and Ben Howard are up for two prizes each.
Performers including Robbie Williams, Muse, Ben Howard, One Direction, Mumford & Sons, Emeli Sandé, Justin Timberlake and Taylor Swift will take to the stage on the evening. This year, approximately six million people are expected to watch the show on television.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Australia Bids Adieu to Adam Spencer's Mornings on ABC's "702 Breakfast" Show [PHOTOS]
- SEE PHOTOS! Eva Longoria Wears No Panties at Cannes 2013, Revealed in Embarrassing Wardrobe Malfunction [SLIDESHOW]
- Top 10 Hottest Celebrities with Shocking Weight Loss (And Find Out Their Secrets!) [PHOTOS]
- Demi Lovato Snapped Getting Flirty with The X-Factor Boss, Simon Cowell? [PHOTOS]