HTC M7 to Land in Europe at €650; HTC One to Make its Way to U.S.
By Erik Pineda | February 19, 2013 4:57 PM EST
HTC-centric blog site HTC Source has reported that HTC M7 will be issued in European markets beginning on March 8 and UK consumers will get a first taste of the flagship smartphone from the Taiwanese firm. The cash setback: roughly $US880 for the 64GB model that comes with a 4.7-inch 1080p display screen, a 1.7GHz quad-core CPU and a rear-cam with 13MP sensor.
For U.S. consumers, HTC will deliver the same specs but with the HTC One label. Their turn will come days later, March 22 to be exact, as the handset is set for initial release courtesy of telco giants AT&T and Sprint.
Accordingly, HTC One will sell for $US199.99 and $US299.99. The first price mark will get consumers the 32GB model while the second delivers the more spacious 64GB variant. It is expected that HTC M7 and HTC One will share the same functions and features save for minor variations, if any.
Earlier reports have suggested that HTC has opted to use the HTC One brand for its next flagship smartphone following the loads of leaks and speculations that played out the M7's purported release.
Now it appears that HTC will retain its marketing template of offering the same handset that bears different names with identical specs. Prior to HTC One and HTC M7, the company released the HTC Droid DNA in America, which became the J-Butterfly in Japan and simply the Butterfly in other markets.
The new report from HTC Source confirmed too the last leaked images of the HTC One/M7, which was showed in black and silver-white shell variants with two speakers prominently situated on the mobile phone's front face.
Come its launch time on Feb 19 (a few hours from now) the HTC device is believed to display the collusion between JellyBean 4.2 and Sense 5.0, taking charge of its general operation.
Analysts are monitoring if the latest push from HTC will make a dent on its latest attempt to realise profits following its gradual withering under the towering shadow of South Korea's Samsung.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kristen Stewart Moving On With Nicholas Hoult, Jennifer Lawrence Dating Chris Martin – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ISIS Posts Graphic Beheading Video of US Journalist James Foley
- Nexus 6 Release Date Dilemma with Motorola Shamu Details Pointing to Better Smartphone and Killer Features
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- After James Foley, ISIL Threatens to Behead Another American Journalist Steven Sotloff
- ISIS: More Journalists Beheading To Come After James Foley and Steven Sotloff [Video]
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: AT&T/Sprint Release and When to Hit Your Region
- Motorola Moto X+1 On Release Date To Come With Snapdragon 800 Processor, 2 GB RAM, 4K Recording And 5.2-Inch Display