BSE Sensex Flat; Telecom Shares Fall
February 19, 2013 4:04 PM EST
The BSE Sensex falls 0.02 percent, while the 50-share Nifty falls 0.04 percent. Likely candidates for banking licences gain a day after RBI Deputy Governor Anand Sinha told local television news channels the central bank will issue final guidelines on new bank licences before the end of March.
The guidelines had been expected, and dealers say the comments confirm there won't be any significant delays.
Among these candidates, IFCI Ltd (IFCI.NS) shares gain 2.4 percent, Mahindra and Mahindra Financial Services Ltd (MMFS.NS) rises 1.8 percent, and Shriram transport Finance Co Ltd (SRTR.NS) is up 1 percent.
However, mobile operators fall after wireless broadband airwave holders were allowed to provide voice services by paying additional fee, a move that is seen benefiting 4G licence holder Reliance Industries Ltd (RELI.NS), but leading to more competition in the sector.
Bharti Airtel Ltd (BRTI.NS) shares fall 1.8 percent, Idea Cellular Ltd (IDEA.NS) is down 1.7 percent.
Most Popular Slideshows
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- Apple iWatch is iPhone 6 Accessory on Sept 19 Release Date: 6 Confirmed Specs & Features
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- Product Recall Alert: Hewlett-Packard Pulls Out 6M Power Cords from US, Canada Over Fire Hazard Concerns, Australia Also Affected
- ISIS Wants $6.6M and Release of Aafia Siddiqui in Exchange of Head of Female US Humanitarian Aid Worker, 1st American Fighting for Jihadis Dead
- Ukraine Ceasefire Looks Remote As Putin Talks Tough At Meeting With Poroshenko
- James Foley Torture Involves CIA Waterboarding Technique