BSE Sensex Flat; Telecom Shares Fall
February 19, 2013 4:04 PM EST
The BSE Sensex falls 0.02 percent, while the 50-share Nifty falls 0.04 percent. Likely candidates for banking licences gain a day after RBI Deputy Governor Anand Sinha told local television news channels the central bank will issue final guidelines on new bank licences before the end of March.
The guidelines had been expected, and dealers say the comments confirm there won't be any significant delays.
Among these candidates, IFCI Ltd (IFCI.NS) shares gain 2.4 percent, Mahindra and Mahindra Financial Services Ltd (MMFS.NS) rises 1.8 percent, and Shriram transport Finance Co Ltd (SRTR.NS) is up 1 percent.
However, mobile operators fall after wireless broadband airwave holders were allowed to provide voice services by paying additional fee, a move that is seen benefiting 4G licence holder Reliance Industries Ltd (RELI.NS), but leading to more competition in the sector.
Bharti Airtel Ltd (BRTI.NS) shares fall 1.8 percent, Idea Cellular Ltd (IDEA.NS) is down 1.7 percent.
Most Popular Slideshows
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
- Celebrities Who Got Pregnant Using IVF: Busting the Myths About IVF
Join the Conversation
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 6 Most Wanted Feature Upgrades for Next iPhone
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- HTC One M8 Windows Phone to Launch for Verizon; Release Date, Price, Five Fresh Features to Anticipate for New Smartphone
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff