BSE Sensex Flat; Telecom Shares Fall
February 19, 2013 4:04 PM EST
The BSE Sensex falls 0.02 percent, while the 50-share Nifty falls 0.04 percent. Likely candidates for banking licences gain a day after RBI Deputy Governor Anand Sinha told local television news channels the central bank will issue final guidelines on new bank licences before the end of March.
The guidelines had been expected, and dealers say the comments confirm there won't be any significant delays.
Among these candidates, IFCI Ltd (IFCI.NS) shares gain 2.4 percent, Mahindra and Mahindra Financial Services Ltd (MMFS.NS) rises 1.8 percent, and Shriram transport Finance Co Ltd (SRTR.NS) is up 1 percent.
However, mobile operators fall after wireless broadband airwave holders were allowed to provide voice services by paying additional fee, a move that is seen benefiting 4G licence holder Reliance Industries Ltd (RELI.NS), but leading to more competition in the sector.
Bharti Airtel Ltd (BRTI.NS) shares fall 1.8 percent, Idea Cellular Ltd (IDEA.NS) is down 1.7 percent.
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar