BSE Sensex Flat; Telecom Shares Fall
February 19, 2013 4:04 PM EST
The BSE Sensex falls 0.02 percent, while the 50-share Nifty falls 0.04 percent. Likely candidates for banking licences gain a day after RBI Deputy Governor Anand Sinha told local television news channels the central bank will issue final guidelines on new bank licences before the end of March.
The guidelines had been expected, and dealers say the comments confirm there won't be any significant delays.
Among these candidates, IFCI Ltd (IFCI.NS) shares gain 2.4 percent, Mahindra and Mahindra Financial Services Ltd (MMFS.NS) rises 1.8 percent, and Shriram transport Finance Co Ltd (SRTR.NS) is up 1 percent.
However, mobile operators fall after wireless broadband airwave holders were allowed to provide voice services by paying additional fee, a move that is seen benefiting 4G licence holder Reliance Industries Ltd (RELI.NS), but leading to more competition in the sector.
Bharti Airtel Ltd (BRTI.NS) shares fall 1.8 percent, Idea Cellular Ltd (IDEA.NS) is down 1.7 percent.
Join the Conversation
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- ISIS War: US Airstrikes Lead to Growing ISIS Support In Syria; Russia Questions Coalition's Policies
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]