Robert Pattinson Talks Lonely Australia Nights without Kirsten Stewart
By Ayessa Desiderio | February 19, 2013 1:40 PM EST
Whenever a celebrity films out of the country, there are always talks of wild nights out, partying with local beauties and cavorting with a rowdy posse. But then again, Robert Pattinson has never been the typical Hollywood leading man.
Away from family, friends and on-again-off-again girlfriend Kristen Stewart as he films The Rover, one would think Pattinson would find something exciting to occupy his time Down Under. It comes as a surprise then that in an interview with MailOnline, the Twilight hunk reveals nothing could be further from reality.
"I know the Hollywood thing is to say that I have been out partying and at all these cool parties-but it just wouldn't be true," Pattinson admits.
Instead, the low-profile heartthrob falls into a quiet routine in Australia, one that sees him turning to the television for company in the absence of his loved ones.
"I get home after filming and just watch TV online," he shares. "It is episodes of Only Fools and Horses and Fawlty Towers that keep me going in the evening."
Well, it passes the time although not the way Kristen Stewart would have had Pattinson been back at their home in Los Angeles. The couple spent Valentine's Day apart, even as they worked on their fragile relationship in the wake of Stewart's tryst with her Snow White and the Huntsman director Rupert Sanders. Recent reports say Pattinson has been avoiding his girlfriend's calls as of late.
The Rover, to hit theaters later this year, is a story set in the Australian desert in the near future. It centers on Eric (Guy Pierce) whose car-his last valued possession-was stolen by a dangerous gang. In an attempt to hunt them down, Eric enlists the help of a Reynolds (Pattinson), a member of the gang whom they left behind as they escaped.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy: Alleged Miscarriage Makes Prince William and Prince Harry Somber - Reports
- Beyonce &Jay Z Marriage Story: Bey Not Attracted to Jay, Married Him for Professional Growth - Reports
- Kendra Wilkinson's Divorce Troubles: Hank Baskett Cheated Before Allegedly Caught with Transexual Model - Reports
- Khloe Kardashian Feels her Failed Marriage with Lamar Odom Helped Cause Rob Kardashian's Depression
- The Big Bang Theory: Mayim Bialik Talks about Sheldon, Amy Kiss in Season 7 [KISS VIDEO]
- Manchester United Transfer News: Wilfried Zaha Might Stay After Impressing Van Gaal Against Inter [VIDEO]
- Grimm Season 4 Spoilers: Comic-Con Answers Served, Nick 'Un-Grimmed' Affects His Wesen Friends' Honeymoon
- Transfer News: Ron Vlaar to Consider Villa Exit, May Move to Tottenham
- AS Roma's Seydou Keita Throws Water Bottle at Real Madrid defender Pepe for Spitting [VIDEO]
- The Mentalist Season 7 Spoilers: CBS Skips Simon Baker's Patrick Jane in Fall Schedule, Josie Loren Joins Cast