Robert Pattinson Talks Lonely Australia Nights without Kirsten Stewart
By Ayessa Desiderio | February 19, 2013 1:40 PM EST
Whenever a celebrity films out of the country, there are always talks of wild nights out, partying with local beauties and cavorting with a rowdy posse. But then again, Robert Pattinson has never been the typical Hollywood leading man.
Away from family, friends and on-again-off-again girlfriend Kristen Stewart as he films The Rover, one would think Pattinson would find something exciting to occupy his time Down Under. It comes as a surprise then that in an interview with MailOnline, the Twilight hunk reveals nothing could be further from reality.
"I know the Hollywood thing is to say that I have been out partying and at all these cool parties-but it just wouldn't be true," Pattinson admits.
Instead, the low-profile heartthrob falls into a quiet routine in Australia, one that sees him turning to the television for company in the absence of his loved ones.
"I get home after filming and just watch TV online," he shares. "It is episodes of Only Fools and Horses and Fawlty Towers that keep me going in the evening."
Well, it passes the time although not the way Kristen Stewart would have had Pattinson been back at their home in Los Angeles. The couple spent Valentine's Day apart, even as they worked on their fragile relationship in the wake of Stewart's tryst with her Snow White and the Huntsman director Rupert Sanders. Recent reports say Pattinson has been avoiding his girlfriend's calls as of late.
The Rover, to hit theaters later this year, is a story set in the Australian desert in the near future. It centers on Eric (Guy Pierce) whose car-his last valued possession-was stolen by a dangerous gang. In an attempt to hunt them down, Eric enlists the help of a Reynolds (Pattinson), a member of the gang whom they left behind as they escaped.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 24 – 28 Plus Thanksgiving Special Spoilers: Someone Returns, Kelly Finds Out About Engagement And More [Videos]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Spoilers: Rick Grimes’ Group To Capture Cops In Episode 7 – ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’
- 'Revenge' Season 4 Spoilers: Daniel, Emily In Twisted Friendship; David Clarke Mystery Growing (Review, Updates)
- ‘Days Of Our Lives’ (DOOL) Nov. 24 – 28 Spoilers: JJ Decides, Melanie Confronts Chad And Daniel And Nicole Reconcile
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues