Best and Worst of Windows Phone
By Vittorio Hernandez | February 19, 2013 1:32 PM EST
Windows Mobile was one of the smartphone OS available dated back in the 90s and basically runs PDA devices. Unfortunately, the OS turned out to be a disaster and became a deserted system within such time. Windows Phone came back with new style, new features, and new system to join the competition of mobile OS in the market. It is in the fourth position challenging Android, Blackberry OS, and iOS for global domination in the mobile tech industry.
Best Features of Windows Phone
Fluid, Smooth and Responsive - Windows Phone devices are very fluid, smooth upon touch, and highly responsive in almost every way possible. Switching between orientations is easily sensed by these devices as if reading your mind. The OS itself shifts from one application to another with seamless transition.
Uniqueness - Live Tiles and overall interface provided by Windows Phone makes it unique from Android, Blackberry, or iOS. These tiles display applications and acts as shortcuts with customisation features as well. Notification can also be hidden if desired, showing icons or other stuffs as if in full screen mode.
One-Point Only - It is the same thing with iOS which is straightforward to its operation and features. Minimal controls and commands needed to most parts of the device, making sure that users will enjoy more with the speed, performance and interface.
Enterprise - Windows Phone is under the same ecosystem of Windows OS in computers which means everything else in Microsoft is usable in any Windows Phone such as Live Messenger, Skydrive and Skype.
Minimal Hardware Needed - Unlike Android devices, Windows Phone is lightweight even the devices with single-core 800MHz processors. The mobile OS does not eat up much memory and does not overrun the function of the CPU, retaining speed and fluid response.
Worst Features of Windows Phone
Notifications - Live Tiles is a positive thing but it acts to a specific app for giving alerts. The notification is basically accessible from the top part of the screen and there is no other way to view it aside from the Live Tiles. iOS have their own groupings for notifications and Android can use customisable alerts from bubbles to pop-ups for notifications.
Small Ecosystem - Windows Phone is new to the arena even if it has existed back in the 1990s as Windows Mobile. Unlike Android and iOS, Windows Phone has a limited number of games and applications for downloads and sometimes, regional discrepancy applies, in contrast with the other two OS whose downloads are global.
More Windows Phone review in the following video:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Tesco Facing Crisis After Chairman Quits Citing Accounting Scandal In The Retail Giant
- #Snapgate: iPad Air 2 Breaks While Undergoing Bend Test
- Australian Federal Court Fines Reebok $350,000 & Orders Refunds For Shoe Endorsed By Miranda Kerr That Claims Unproven Health Benefits
- Perth Call Centre Staff Bad In English And Not Philippine And Indian Counterparts, Telstra Boss Says
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS