Best and Worst of Apple’s iOS
By Vittorio Hernandez | February 19, 2013 1:09 PM EST
The common debate regarding mobile operating system is the Android vs. iOS topic and no yet has ever won from the argument. It is always up to the users which work for them in terms of usage and functionality. The iOS has many amazing features which what makes it one of the top in the mobile technology market, but even something that looks perfect have several flaws hiding behind the curtains.
Best Features of iOS Platform
Straight Forward - iOS is simple to use and requires low need for exploration especially for those users who do not have the time to go through several commands. iPhone has only one physical button and other buttons appear inside the application itself. iOS also hides stuff not needed and has minimal need for the owner to understand about every single thing on the device.
The Alpha - Apple made the first mobile operating system that is very intelligent, representing the icon of smartphones today. iOS is expensive which makes the shift to other platforms less tempting due to the investment by loyal users.
Secure Applications - iOS is one of the mobile operating system with above average security status in dealing with mobile applications. Apple itself filters games and applications from developers before a user sees it at the Apple Store. Another thing that iOS fights for is the piracy war by preventing access to certain download apps that can retrieve music, movies, and games illegally.
Stand-alone - Technically, iOS shares some apps from other sources but the OS has its own operation and withstands being alone. Apple can provide maps, email service, clouding, and virtual assistant exclusively for iOS users only. iOS does not really need to live under the shade of another system.
YouTube has a lot of videos that discuss the strengths by device or model. Here is one on the iOS 6.
Worst Things about iOS
Slow Metamorphosis - iOS isn't exactly like Android which branches out patches and versions every now and then. New versions are created within gaps and commonly under collective results rather than one by one. Another weakness of this is Apple does not immediately address some bugs including the recent lockscreen hack that enables a spectator to bypass the passcode protection provided by iPhone.
Cost - iOS devices are exclusive units and equated as being "royal" devices unlike Android that emulates "democracy" with its open-source feature. Due to this exclusivity of apps, games, and features, iOS devices cost more than most gadgets available in the market.
Also equally numerous on video sharing sites are comments about the weak side of the iOS such as this one.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kristen Stewart Moving On With Nicholas Hoult, Jennifer Lawrence Dating Chris Martin – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Robin Williams Goodbye Video Hoax: Facebook Users Warned of Celebrity Suicide Exploitation
- ISIS Posts Graphic Beheading Video of US Journalist James Foley
- Nexus 6 Release Date Dilemma with Motorola Shamu Details Pointing to Better Smartphone and Killer Features
- After James Foley, ISIL Threatens to Behead Another American Journalist Steven Sotloff
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: AT&T/Sprint Release and When to Hit Your Region
- Motorola Moto X+1 On Release Date To Come With Snapdragon 800 Processor, 2 GB RAM, 4K Recording And 5.2-Inch Display