Harry Styles Opens Up about Taylor Swift: the Breakup and His Love Life
By Ayessa Desiderio | February 19, 2013 12:31 PM EST
One Direction's Harry Styles finally broke his silence on former lady love Taylor Swift.
The 19-year-old singer dropped by London radio station Capital FM to promote One Direction's latest single "One Way or Another", but was unable to evade much-anticipated questions regarding his whirlwind high-profile romance with fellow pop idol Swift.
When asked if he's doing okay after the breakup, Styles takes it in stride and responds, "I'm okay, thank you for asking. I'm good."
The young pair was together for several weeks, even spending time together at Styles' hometown in Northern England before splitting up on January.
Reports say there was a bitter end to the duo's short-lived romance, but Styles has nothing but kind words for Swift during the radio interview. Even Swift's apparent jab at him during her Grammy's performance does nothing to rile up the curly-haired star who seems determined not to get sucked into a media battle.
"She's a great performer," he says diplomatically. "She's always good onstage. She's been doing it a long time. She knows what she's doing on stage. It was just another good Taylor Swift performance. It was good."
Any relationship Styles enters with any girl is sure to get its fair share of media attention, especially if it's with another well-known name. When asked about how he felt about his love life-with Taylor Swift, in particular-being dissected regularly by the whole world, Styles seems to accept its part of his life as 1/5 of the most famous band of the moment.
"I understand why people would want to know stuff like that," he reveals. "I get it. If someone does stuff like that then I want to know about it too."
"It is what it is," Styles concludes.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Update: Louise And Blake To Make Their First Appearance As A Couple In Australia
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery