Harry Styles Opens Up about Taylor Swift: the Breakup and His Love Life
By Ayessa Desiderio | February 19, 2013 12:31 PM EST
One Direction's Harry Styles finally broke his silence on former lady love Taylor Swift.
The 19-year-old singer dropped by London radio station Capital FM to promote One Direction's latest single "One Way or Another", but was unable to evade much-anticipated questions regarding his whirlwind high-profile romance with fellow pop idol Swift.
When asked if he's doing okay after the breakup, Styles takes it in stride and responds, "I'm okay, thank you for asking. I'm good."
The young pair was together for several weeks, even spending time together at Styles' hometown in Northern England before splitting up on January.
Reports say there was a bitter end to the duo's short-lived romance, but Styles has nothing but kind words for Swift during the radio interview. Even Swift's apparent jab at him during her Grammy's performance does nothing to rile up the curly-haired star who seems determined not to get sucked into a media battle.
"She's a great performer," he says diplomatically. "She's always good onstage. She's been doing it a long time. She knows what she's doing on stage. It was just another good Taylor Swift performance. It was good."
Any relationship Styles enters with any girl is sure to get its fair share of media attention, especially if it's with another well-known name. When asked about how he felt about his love life-with Taylor Swift, in particular-being dissected regularly by the whole world, Styles seems to accept its part of his life as 1/5 of the most famous band of the moment.
"I understand why people would want to know stuff like that," he reveals. "I get it. If someone does stuff like that then I want to know about it too."
"It is what it is," Styles concludes.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- 'American Horror Story' : Renewed For Season 5, Ryan Murphy Says 'We're Not Doing Space'
- Kristen Stewart ‘Not In Love’ With ‘Equals’ Co-star Nicholas Hoult -- Reports
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar