Harry Styles Opens Up about Taylor Swift: the Breakup and His Love Life
By Ayessa Desiderio | February 19, 2013 12:31 PM EST
One Direction's Harry Styles finally broke his silence on former lady love Taylor Swift.
The 19-year-old singer dropped by London radio station Capital FM to promote One Direction's latest single "One Way or Another", but was unable to evade much-anticipated questions regarding his whirlwind high-profile romance with fellow pop idol Swift.
When asked if he's doing okay after the breakup, Styles takes it in stride and responds, "I'm okay, thank you for asking. I'm good."
The young pair was together for several weeks, even spending time together at Styles' hometown in Northern England before splitting up on January.
Reports say there was a bitter end to the duo's short-lived romance, but Styles has nothing but kind words for Swift during the radio interview. Even Swift's apparent jab at him during her Grammy's performance does nothing to rile up the curly-haired star who seems determined not to get sucked into a media battle.
"She's a great performer," he says diplomatically. "She's always good onstage. She's been doing it a long time. She knows what she's doing on stage. It was just another good Taylor Swift performance. It was good."
Any relationship Styles enters with any girl is sure to get its fair share of media attention, especially if it's with another well-known name. When asked about how he felt about his love life-with Taylor Swift, in particular-being dissected regularly by the whole world, Styles seems to accept its part of his life as 1/5 of the most famous band of the moment.
"I understand why people would want to know stuff like that," he reveals. "I get it. If someone does stuff like that then I want to know about it too."
"It is what it is," Styles concludes.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- Shocking Inside Stories Of Prince Charles and Princess Diana Revealed By Former Press Officer
- Another Celebrity Nude Photo Leak: Naked Pics Of Liam Payne And Kim Kardashian Uploaded Online
- 'Once Upon A Time' Season 4 Spoilers: Queen Elsa Of 'Frozen' May Not Be The Big Villain (Premiere Date In A Week's Time)
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers For Sept. 22-26, 2014: Consequences Of The Crichton-Clark Blast
- Madonna Posts Video Of Son Hailed As Possibly The Next Dancing Prodigy