Harry Styles Opens Up about Taylor Swift: the Breakup and His Love Life
By Ayessa Desiderio | February 19, 2013 12:31 PM EST
One Direction's Harry Styles finally broke his silence on former lady love Taylor Swift.
The 19-year-old singer dropped by London radio station Capital FM to promote One Direction's latest single "One Way or Another", but was unable to evade much-anticipated questions regarding his whirlwind high-profile romance with fellow pop idol Swift.
When asked if he's doing okay after the breakup, Styles takes it in stride and responds, "I'm okay, thank you for asking. I'm good."
The young pair was together for several weeks, even spending time together at Styles' hometown in Northern England before splitting up on January.
Reports say there was a bitter end to the duo's short-lived romance, but Styles has nothing but kind words for Swift during the radio interview. Even Swift's apparent jab at him during her Grammy's performance does nothing to rile up the curly-haired star who seems determined not to get sucked into a media battle.
"She's a great performer," he says diplomatically. "She's always good onstage. She's been doing it a long time. She knows what she's doing on stage. It was just another good Taylor Swift performance. It was good."
Any relationship Styles enters with any girl is sure to get its fair share of media attention, especially if it's with another well-known name. When asked about how he felt about his love life-with Taylor Swift, in particular-being dissected regularly by the whole world, Styles seems to accept its part of his life as 1/5 of the most famous band of the moment.
"I understand why people would want to know stuff like that," he reveals. "I get it. If someone does stuff like that then I want to know about it too."
"It is what it is," Styles concludes.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Guardians Of The Galaxy 2’ Nebula Is Alive And James Gunn Wants Fans To See More Of Her
- Selena Gomez And Justin Bieber: Songstress Fears Pregnancy After Experiencing Pregnancy Symptoms—Report
- 'American Horror Story' Season 4 Episode 8 Spoilers: Big Twist Features Dandy In Blood Bath
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Katey Sagal On Gemma Teller’s Fate in ‘Red Rose’ [VIDEO]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers – ‘Coda’: Midseason Finale Is ‘Heartbreaking’ And ‘Gut-Wrenching’
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast