Samsung Galaxy S4 Rumored Release on March 14; Features to Include 13MP Camera, Quad Core CPU, 5G WiFi, Full HD Display?
By Kristin Dian Mariano | February 19, 2013 11:59 AM EST
Early this morning, Eldar Murtazin, of large Russian site Mobile-Review, tweeted that people should save the date for March 14th, teasing a big announcement.
SamMobile picked up the tweet, which lines up nicely with previously rumored March Galaxy S4 launch dates and could tie into the supposed Galaxy S4 release date in the middle of April.
Initial reports claimed that the Samsung Galaxy S4 launch will be on March 15th or March 22nd, which lined up with our reports of a first quarter Galaxy S4 launch.
Murtazin thinks that the Galaxy S4 launch event will take place in New York City, where Samsung has held previous launch events for Galaxy S devices. It is likely that Samsung will skip the Mobile World Congress this month for the launch for what all sources point to being the Galaxy S4.
The latest news on the rumour mill of the Galaxy S4 is that the handset will include high end features such as 5G WiFi, 5-inch Full HD screen display, 13MP camera and a quad core processor.
Previous rumours claimed that the Samsung Galaxy S4 will be launched with similar design that of Galaxy S3 but packed with amazing specs and features.
Korean newpaper DDaily reported that the Samsung Galaxy S4 will have the same "human-centric," "organic" look along with the three button-setup. It is initially reported that Samsung experimented with a buttonless arrangement but in the end decided to stick with the familiar home, back and menu layout.
The newspaper says reports of the S4 featuring a Wacom-based "S Pen" stylus like the Galaxy Note series are incorrect, but claims that the device will support "contactless" gestures. This technology may be similar to that of the Sony Xperia Sola, which can detect fingers at a distance.
The Samsung Galaxy S4 is rumoured to feature an Exynos 5 Octa (8-Core) CPU, Mali-T678 (8-Core) GPU, 4.99″ SuperAMOLED Full HD Resolution Display, 2GB of RAM, 13 Megapixel Rear facing Camera capable of shooting 1080p Full HD Videos at 30FPS, 2 Megapixel front facing camera capable of shooting 720p HD Videos and run Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean out of the box.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide
- Israel''s Al Aqsa and East Jerusalem Issues Threatening Its Multi Billion Gas Deal With Jordan