Samsung to Pull off Giant Surprise on March 14 Unboxing of Galaxy S4
By Erik Pineda | February 19, 2013 11:20 AM EST
Unwrapping of the Galaxy S4 is on March 14, reports said, and what the world will get from Samsung is a far different handset from the rumours that have been circulating for months.
"The leap in cool new features from (Galaxy S3) to the next flagship will be bigger," the same report quoted its source as saying.
The tech world is set on fire for weeks now, hotly anticipating the next big thing from the South Korean tech giant while feeding on wild speculations that pretty much shaped up the look and functions of the Galaxy S4.
But what we've seen so far, The Verge said, were not even close to the real thing as Samsung made sure that everything about its new smartphone is kept on an air-tight container until the rollout time, which it turned is a day earlier.
That should mean the specs that generated so much buzz in the past weeks would surpass even the modest expectations of everyone. Samsung "will once again emphasize features over raw specs," the report said.
One new feature could be faster and more stable wireless connection as Samsung reportedly used the recently unveiled Broadcom BCM4335 chip, which "has 802.11ac Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0 and FM radio technology incorporated in one chip," UberGizmo said in a report.
Or Samsung would simply exceed the hardware specs that blog reports have been attributing to the Galaxy S4 - 8-core Exynos chip, a 4.99-inch 1080p screen with Super AMOLED display technology plus impressive camera features bannered by its main snapper with 13MP sensor.
The promised surprises, however, lie in the software muscles that will be unleashed with the S4. It is likely that the army of Samsung engineers have found of a better way how TouchWiz will interact smoothly with the latest JellyBean flavour, possibly giving out a fusion of powerful smartphone features that is unique with the Galaxy S4.
Samsung has set the bar high for the Galaxy S4 and these new suggestions only supported earlier report that the device is aimed to clock at least 100 million units in shipment for the duration of its global distribution.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’
- Canada Raises National Terror Alert Level after Suspected Jihadist Runs Over Soldier
- Galaxy Note 4: Best Big-Screen Phone, Says Samsung; Analysts Believe Note 4 Unlikely To Beat iPhone 6 Plus [Watch Video]