Samsung to Pull off Giant Surprise on March 14 Unboxing of Galaxy S4
By Erik Pineda | February 19, 2013 11:20 AM EST
Unwrapping of the Galaxy S4 is on March 14, reports said, and what the world will get from Samsung is a far different handset from the rumours that have been circulating for months.
"The leap in cool new features from (Galaxy S3) to the next flagship will be bigger," the same report quoted its source as saying.
The tech world is set on fire for weeks now, hotly anticipating the next big thing from the South Korean tech giant while feeding on wild speculations that pretty much shaped up the look and functions of the Galaxy S4.
But what we've seen so far, The Verge said, were not even close to the real thing as Samsung made sure that everything about its new smartphone is kept on an air-tight container until the rollout time, which it turned is a day earlier.
That should mean the specs that generated so much buzz in the past weeks would surpass even the modest expectations of everyone. Samsung "will once again emphasize features over raw specs," the report said.
One new feature could be faster and more stable wireless connection as Samsung reportedly used the recently unveiled Broadcom BCM4335 chip, which "has 802.11ac Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0 and FM radio technology incorporated in one chip," UberGizmo said in a report.
Or Samsung would simply exceed the hardware specs that blog reports have been attributing to the Galaxy S4 - 8-core Exynos chip, a 4.99-inch 1080p screen with Super AMOLED display technology plus impressive camera features bannered by its main snapper with 13MP sensor.
The promised surprises, however, lie in the software muscles that will be unleashed with the S4. It is likely that the army of Samsung engineers have found of a better way how TouchWiz will interact smoothly with the latest JellyBean flavour, possibly giving out a fusion of powerful smartphone features that is unique with the Galaxy S4.
Samsung has set the bar high for the Galaxy S4 and these new suggestions only supported earlier report that the device is aimed to clock at least 100 million units in shipment for the duration of its global distribution.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- New Malaysia Airlines Caught in Adelaide Airport Latest Scare
- Toyota Tops World Sales of Cars, Sells Over 5K Million Vehicles in First Half of 2014
- Man Swindles Apple for $309,768 in 16 States
- Formula 1 Chief Sues Google over Sex Party Pictures
- Air New Zealand Pays $1000 to NZ9 Passengers After Three-Night Delay
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date