Samsung to Pull off Giant Surprise on March 14 Unboxing of Galaxy S4
By Erik Pineda | February 19, 2013 11:20 AM EST
Unwrapping of the Galaxy S4 is on March 14, reports said, and what the world will get from Samsung is a far different handset from the rumours that have been circulating for months.
"The leap in cool new features from (Galaxy S3) to the next flagship will be bigger," the same report quoted its source as saying.
The tech world is set on fire for weeks now, hotly anticipating the next big thing from the South Korean tech giant while feeding on wild speculations that pretty much shaped up the look and functions of the Galaxy S4.
But what we've seen so far, The Verge said, were not even close to the real thing as Samsung made sure that everything about its new smartphone is kept on an air-tight container until the rollout time, which it turned is a day earlier.
That should mean the specs that generated so much buzz in the past weeks would surpass even the modest expectations of everyone. Samsung "will once again emphasize features over raw specs," the report said.
One new feature could be faster and more stable wireless connection as Samsung reportedly used the recently unveiled Broadcom BCM4335 chip, which "has 802.11ac Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0 and FM radio technology incorporated in one chip," UberGizmo said in a report.
Or Samsung would simply exceed the hardware specs that blog reports have been attributing to the Galaxy S4 - 8-core Exynos chip, a 4.99-inch 1080p screen with Super AMOLED display technology plus impressive camera features bannered by its main snapper with 13MP sensor.
The promised surprises, however, lie in the software muscles that will be unleashed with the S4. It is likely that the army of Samsung engineers have found of a better way how TouchWiz will interact smoothly with the latest JellyBean flavour, possibly giving out a fusion of powerful smartphone features that is unique with the Galaxy S4.
Samsung has set the bar high for the Galaxy S4 and these new suggestions only supported earlier report that the device is aimed to clock at least 100 million units in shipment for the duration of its global distribution.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon
- Travel Alert: Frequent Flyer Tie-Up Between Virgin Australia, South African Airways Enhanced
- Walmart Canada Feeling The Heat As Grocery War Intensifies
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]