Samsung to Pull off Giant Surprise on March 14 Unboxing of Galaxy S4
By Erik Pineda | February 19, 2013 11:20 AM EST
Unwrapping of the Galaxy S4 is on March 14, reports said, and what the world will get from Samsung is a far different handset from the rumours that have been circulating for months.
"The leap in cool new features from (Galaxy S3) to the next flagship will be bigger," the same report quoted its source as saying.
The tech world is set on fire for weeks now, hotly anticipating the next big thing from the South Korean tech giant while feeding on wild speculations that pretty much shaped up the look and functions of the Galaxy S4.
But what we've seen so far, The Verge said, were not even close to the real thing as Samsung made sure that everything about its new smartphone is kept on an air-tight container until the rollout time, which it turned is a day earlier.
That should mean the specs that generated so much buzz in the past weeks would surpass even the modest expectations of everyone. Samsung "will once again emphasize features over raw specs," the report said.
One new feature could be faster and more stable wireless connection as Samsung reportedly used the recently unveiled Broadcom BCM4335 chip, which "has 802.11ac Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0 and FM radio technology incorporated in one chip," UberGizmo said in a report.
Or Samsung would simply exceed the hardware specs that blog reports have been attributing to the Galaxy S4 - 8-core Exynos chip, a 4.99-inch 1080p screen with Super AMOLED display technology plus impressive camera features bannered by its main snapper with 13MP sensor.
The promised surprises, however, lie in the software muscles that will be unleashed with the S4. It is likely that the army of Samsung engineers have found of a better way how TouchWiz will interact smoothly with the latest JellyBean flavour, possibly giving out a fusion of powerful smartphone features that is unique with the Galaxy S4.
Samsung has set the bar high for the Galaxy S4 and these new suggestions only supported earlier report that the device is aimed to clock at least 100 million units in shipment for the duration of its global distribution.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Tesco Facing Crisis After Chairman Quits Citing Accounting Scandal In The Retail Giant
- Australian Federal Court Fines Reebok $350,000 & Orders Refunds For Shoe Endorsed By Miranda Kerr That Claims Unproven Health Benefits
- Sydney Software Firm Bigcommerce Teams Up With Alibaba To Beat Amazon
- Perth Call Centre Staff Bad In English And Not Philippine And Indian Counterparts, Telstra Boss Says
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Android Lollipop 5.0 Confirmed for Nov 3 Rollout as Nexus 6 Global Release Date is Delayed – Reports