Android 4.2.2 for Galaxy Nexus, Factory Image and Custom ROM
By Vittorio Hernandez | February 19, 2013 10:11 AM EST
Google released the latest Android version 4.2.2 and the first line up of devices to gain the update is the Nexus line, including Galaxy Nexus. A factory image for the Galaxy Nexus released also by Google confirms that it will soon receive a 4.2.2 Jellybean update.
But for those who cannot wait and want to experience ROMs developed by modders, a custom ROM for Galaxy Nexus with build number JDQ39 can be tried out with the 4.2.2 version.
A video tutorial on how to do it was uploaded in YouTube showing the methods on how to install the custom build ROM.
1. Must have a custom recovery app and the device must be rooted.
2. Back up the device for restoration purposes.
3. The install zip file needed for flashing.
4. Make sure the device has at least 40% battery life to avoid any problems during the installation.
Disclaimer: This flashing of ROM is on the risk of the user and experience may be required to perform such. Do not skip or fail to follow the exact procedure to prevent bricking your device. Back up everything such as contact, SMS, data files, and multimedia files.
How to install the custom build with Android 4.2.2 Jellybean
1. Copy the zip file you have downloaded to the phone's SD card.
2. Reboot the device using the custom recovery app to "Recovery Mode".
3. Wipe data/reset, cache, and Dalvik cache.
4. Choose "install or update from SD card".
5. Select the zip file you have downloaded to install.
6. Once the flashing has been completed, reboot the device. The reboot may take several minutes to finish.
7. Check the "about phone" and view the Android version and the build number confirmation that the flash is a success.
Included in the custom ROM:
- Google Apps
- Root access/Super User
- CM Style Extended Power Menu - Reboot, hot reboot, reboot to recovery, reboot bootloader
- Long press volume with screen off to skip track
Here is the link to the xda developer original forum: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2145883
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Tesco Facing Crisis After Chairman Quits Citing Accounting Scandal In The Retail Giant
- Australian Federal Court Fines Reebok $350,000 & Orders Refunds For Shoe Endorsed By Miranda Kerr That Claims Unproven Health Benefits
- Sydney Software Firm Bigcommerce Teams Up With Alibaba To Beat Amazon
- Perth Call Centre Staff Bad In English And Not Philippine And Indian Counterparts, Telstra Boss Says
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation