Android 4.2.2 for Galaxy Nexus, Factory Image and Custom ROM
By Vittorio Hernandez | February 19, 2013 10:11 AM EST
Google released the latest Android version 4.2.2 and the first line up of devices to gain the update is the Nexus line, including Galaxy Nexus. A factory image for the Galaxy Nexus released also by Google confirms that it will soon receive a 4.2.2 Jellybean update.
But for those who cannot wait and want to experience ROMs developed by modders, a custom ROM for Galaxy Nexus with build number JDQ39 can be tried out with the 4.2.2 version.
A video tutorial on how to do it was uploaded in YouTube showing the methods on how to install the custom build ROM.
1. Must have a custom recovery app and the device must be rooted.
2. Back up the device for restoration purposes.
3. The install zip file needed for flashing.
4. Make sure the device has at least 40% battery life to avoid any problems during the installation.
Disclaimer: This flashing of ROM is on the risk of the user and experience may be required to perform such. Do not skip or fail to follow the exact procedure to prevent bricking your device. Back up everything such as contact, SMS, data files, and multimedia files.
How to install the custom build with Android 4.2.2 Jellybean
1. Copy the zip file you have downloaded to the phone's SD card.
2. Reboot the device using the custom recovery app to "Recovery Mode".
3. Wipe data/reset, cache, and Dalvik cache.
4. Choose "install or update from SD card".
5. Select the zip file you have downloaded to install.
6. Once the flashing has been completed, reboot the device. The reboot may take several minutes to finish.
7. Check the "about phone" and view the Android version and the build number confirmation that the flash is a success.
Included in the custom ROM:
- Google Apps
- Root access/Super User
- CM Style Extended Power Menu - Reboot, hot reboot, reboot to recovery, reboot bootloader
- Long press volume with screen off to skip track
Here is the link to the xda developer original forum: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2145883
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Shockingly Sign Valencia Defender [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Fast Food Meat Scandal: McDonald’s Suspend Nuggets and McSpicy Chicken Filets
- Air New Zealand Flies Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner
- Malaysia Airlines Considers Changing Name After MH370 and MH17 Tragedies
- Solution to Your Old Unwanted Phones Comes with MobileMuster Scheme
- IBM Named Leader in Worldwide Managed Security Services
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Nexus 5 and Nexus 7 Android 5.0 L Material Design Coming with More Interface Changes
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs OnePlusOne vs Nexus 5: Mi4 is the ‘Perfect’ Phone
- Israeli Women Stripping Naked for IDF Soldiers
- Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE-A Android 4.4.2 KitKat Update Rolls Out: When to Hit Your Region
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- Shocking Video of Pedigree Dog Culling in Bali Emerges [Video]