Google released the latest Android version 4.2.2 and the first line up of devices to gain the update is the Nexus line, including Galaxy Nexus. A factory image for the Galaxy Nexus released also by Google confirms that it will soon receive a 4.2.2 Jellybean update.
4. Make sure the device has at least 40% battery life to avoid any problems during the installation.
Disclaimer: This flashing of ROM is on the risk of the user and experience may be required to perform such. Do not skip or fail to follow the exact procedure to prevent bricking your device. Back up everything such as contact, SMS, data files, and multimedia files.
How to install the custom build with Android 4.2.2 Jellybean
1. Copy the zip file you have downloaded to the phone's SD card.
2. Reboot the device using the custom recovery app to "Recovery Mode".
3. Wipe data/reset, cache, and Dalvik cache.
4. Choose "install or update from SD card".
5. Select the zip file you have downloaded to install.
6. Once the flashing has been completed, reboot the device. The reboot may take several minutes to finish.
7. Check the "about phone" and view the Android version and the build number confirmation that the flash is a success.
Included in the custom ROM:
Root access/Super User
CM Style Extended Power Menu - Reboot, hot reboot, reboot to recovery, reboot bootloader