NBA Trade Rumors: Smith, Garnett, Bledsoe, Bargnani And Gordon Involved In Speculation
February 19, 2013 9:06 AM EST
NBA teams have until 3 p.m. eastern time on Thursday, Feb. 21 to make a trade in the 2012-2013 season.
Through the first few months, only a few players have been sent to other teams. The biggest deal, so far, involved the Memphis Grizzlies sending Rudy Gay to the Toronto Raptors.
With a few days until the deadline, several big names have been involved in trade rumors. Below are five players that could get traded, and teams that have reportedly had interest in acquiring them.
Josh Smith- Brooklyn Nets, Milwaukee Bucks, Dallas Mavericks, San Antonio Spurs
A source recently told ESPN’s Chris Broussard that there is a 60 percent chance the Atlanta Hawks will trade the star forward. Smith will look to sign a maximum-salary contract this summer, which the Hawks seem to be unwilling to give him. The Bucks might have the most appealing trade piece in Brandon Jennings.
Andrea Bargnani- Chicago Bulls, Philadelphia 76ers, Charlotte Bobcats
The Toronto Raptors are looking to move the former No.1 over draft pick, who’s been disappointing in his career with the team. A club looking for another shooter might be willing to trade the Raptors an inside presence that they’ve been looking for. The Bulls’ package of Carlos Boozer and Nate Robinson might be more than any other team is willing to offer.
Ben Gordon- Toronto Raptors, Brooklyn Nets
Gordon is a good scorer off the bench, but the Charlotte Bobcats don’t want to pay him the $13.2 million he’s owed next season. The Nets might make a play for him if they can’t land another shooting guard.
Eric Bledsoe- Boston Celtics, Utah Jazz
Bledsoe may be ready to be one of the better starting point guards in the NBA, but he won’t get that chance with Chris Paul in the starting lineup. The Clippers might be able to trade him for a big man like Kevin Garnett or Paul Millsap. However, they are reluctant to deal Bledsoe because there is no guarantee Paul won’t sign somewhere else as a free agent.
Kevin Garnett- Los Angeles Clippers
Rumors of Garnett being sent to L.A. have yet to die down. With Rajon Rondo suffering a season-ending injury, the Boston Celtics don’t have much of a chance to make a run in the playoffs. If they can acquire Bledsoe for the big man, they might pull the trigger on the deal.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Melanoma Could Be Caused By Ageing Genes; Best Diet For Anti-Ageing; Celebrities Who Have Aged Gracefully
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal Back In Action To Target Novak Djokovic At China Open
- Bruce Jenner Says Lamar Odom Should Follow His Heart If He Wants To Get Back Together With Khloe Kardashian
- Maria Sharapova On Relationship With Grigor Dimitrov: ‘Everything Is Great’; Dimitrov Was Present At Sharapova’s First Round Match In China
- Green Bay Packers Vs. Chicago Bears Live Streaming Info And Preview
- Grigor Dimitrov Turns To Novak Djokovic For Love Advice; Dimitrov and Sharapova At The 2014 China Open
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- Boxing News 2014: Social Media War Between Boxers Continues As Pacquiao Repeats Comment That Mayweather Acts Like Uneducated Person, While Ignoring ‘Miss Pac Man’ Post
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate