NBA Trade Rumors: Smith, Garnett, Bledsoe, Bargnani And Gordon Involved In Speculation
February 19, 2013 9:06 AM EST
NBA teams have until 3 p.m. eastern time on Thursday, Feb. 21 to make a trade in the 2012-2013 season.
Through the first few months, only a few players have been sent to other teams. The biggest deal, so far, involved the Memphis Grizzlies sending Rudy Gay to the Toronto Raptors.
With a few days until the deadline, several big names have been involved in trade rumors. Below are five players that could get traded, and teams that have reportedly had interest in acquiring them.
Josh Smith- Brooklyn Nets, Milwaukee Bucks, Dallas Mavericks, San Antonio Spurs
A source recently told ESPN’s Chris Broussard that there is a 60 percent chance the Atlanta Hawks will trade the star forward. Smith will look to sign a maximum-salary contract this summer, which the Hawks seem to be unwilling to give him. The Bucks might have the most appealing trade piece in Brandon Jennings.
Andrea Bargnani- Chicago Bulls, Philadelphia 76ers, Charlotte Bobcats
The Toronto Raptors are looking to move the former No.1 over draft pick, who’s been disappointing in his career with the team. A club looking for another shooter might be willing to trade the Raptors an inside presence that they’ve been looking for. The Bulls’ package of Carlos Boozer and Nate Robinson might be more than any other team is willing to offer.
Ben Gordon- Toronto Raptors, Brooklyn Nets
Gordon is a good scorer off the bench, but the Charlotte Bobcats don’t want to pay him the $13.2 million he’s owed next season. The Nets might make a play for him if they can’t land another shooting guard.
Eric Bledsoe- Boston Celtics, Utah Jazz
Bledsoe may be ready to be one of the better starting point guards in the NBA, but he won’t get that chance with Chris Paul in the starting lineup. The Clippers might be able to trade him for a big man like Kevin Garnett or Paul Millsap. However, they are reluctant to deal Bledsoe because there is no guarantee Paul won’t sign somewhere else as a free agent.
Kevin Garnett- Los Angeles Clippers
Rumors of Garnett being sent to L.A. have yet to die down. With Rajon Rondo suffering a season-ending injury, the Boston Celtics don’t have much of a chance to make a run in the playoffs. If they can acquire Bledsoe for the big man, they might pull the trigger on the deal.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- Floyd Mayweather Proves He Can Read, Releases An Audio Of Him Reading
- 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup Group A Preview, Prediction, Roster, Schedule: Spain and Brazil To Clinch Top 2 Spots, France, Serbia, And Iran To Battle For Remaining Slots
- 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup Team Preview: Puerto Rico Roster, Key Players And Schedule
- Kevin Love Tells Minnesota Timberwolves Owner Glen Taylor To Mind His Own Team
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Confirmed as Apple Sets Sept 9 iWatch, 2 iPhones Intro - Report
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Product Recall Alert: Hewlett-Packard Pulls Out 6M Power Cords from US, Canada Over Fire Hazard Concerns, Australia Also Affected
- ISIS Wants $6.6M and Release of Aafia Siddiqui in Exchange of Head of Female US Humanitarian Aid Worker, 1st American Fighting for Jihadis Dead
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- Ukraine Ceasefire Looks Remote As Putin Talks Tough At Meeting With Poroshenko
- Windows 9 To Include Interactive Live Tiles and Notification Center in Metro 2.0