NBA Trade Rumors: Smith, Garnett, Bledsoe, Bargnani And Gordon Involved In Speculation
February 19, 2013 9:06 AM EST
NBA teams have until 3 p.m. eastern time on Thursday, Feb. 21 to make a trade in the 2012-2013 season.
Through the first few months, only a few players have been sent to other teams. The biggest deal, so far, involved the Memphis Grizzlies sending Rudy Gay to the Toronto Raptors.
With a few days until the deadline, several big names have been involved in trade rumors. Below are five players that could get traded, and teams that have reportedly had interest in acquiring them.
Josh Smith- Brooklyn Nets, Milwaukee Bucks, Dallas Mavericks, San Antonio Spurs
A source recently told ESPN’s Chris Broussard that there is a 60 percent chance the Atlanta Hawks will trade the star forward. Smith will look to sign a maximum-salary contract this summer, which the Hawks seem to be unwilling to give him. The Bucks might have the most appealing trade piece in Brandon Jennings.
Andrea Bargnani- Chicago Bulls, Philadelphia 76ers, Charlotte Bobcats
The Toronto Raptors are looking to move the former No.1 over draft pick, who’s been disappointing in his career with the team. A club looking for another shooter might be willing to trade the Raptors an inside presence that they’ve been looking for. The Bulls’ package of Carlos Boozer and Nate Robinson might be more than any other team is willing to offer.
Ben Gordon- Toronto Raptors, Brooklyn Nets
Gordon is a good scorer off the bench, but the Charlotte Bobcats don’t want to pay him the $13.2 million he’s owed next season. The Nets might make a play for him if they can’t land another shooting guard.
Eric Bledsoe- Boston Celtics, Utah Jazz
Bledsoe may be ready to be one of the better starting point guards in the NBA, but he won’t get that chance with Chris Paul in the starting lineup. The Clippers might be able to trade him for a big man like Kevin Garnett or Paul Millsap. However, they are reluctant to deal Bledsoe because there is no guarantee Paul won’t sign somewhere else as a free agent.
Kevin Garnett- Los Angeles Clippers
Rumors of Garnett being sent to L.A. have yet to die down. With Rajon Rondo suffering a season-ending injury, the Boston Celtics don’t have much of a chance to make a run in the playoffs. If they can acquire Bledsoe for the big man, they might pull the trigger on the deal.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: F1 Driver's Father Says Son In A Desperate Situation
- Manny Pacquiao Chasing Floyd Mayweather Jr. Because Of Money But Says Undefeated American Is Afraid Of Filipino - Analysts
- Floyd Mayweather Trains Justin Bieber In The Boxing Ring
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: Driver's Mother Says People 'Shirking Responsibility' About The Accident
- Novak Djokovic Aims For World No. 1 Rank In 2015, Becker Says
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar