NBA Trade Rumors: Smith, Garnett, Bledsoe, Bargnani And Gordon Involved In Speculation
February 19, 2013 9:06 AM EST
NBA teams have until 3 p.m. eastern time on Thursday, Feb. 21 to make a trade in the 2012-2013 season.
Through the first few months, only a few players have been sent to other teams. The biggest deal, so far, involved the Memphis Grizzlies sending Rudy Gay to the Toronto Raptors.
With a few days until the deadline, several big names have been involved in trade rumors. Below are five players that could get traded, and teams that have reportedly had interest in acquiring them.
Josh Smith- Brooklyn Nets, Milwaukee Bucks, Dallas Mavericks, San Antonio Spurs
A source recently told ESPN’s Chris Broussard that there is a 60 percent chance the Atlanta Hawks will trade the star forward. Smith will look to sign a maximum-salary contract this summer, which the Hawks seem to be unwilling to give him. The Bucks might have the most appealing trade piece in Brandon Jennings.
Andrea Bargnani- Chicago Bulls, Philadelphia 76ers, Charlotte Bobcats
The Toronto Raptors are looking to move the former No.1 over draft pick, who’s been disappointing in his career with the team. A club looking for another shooter might be willing to trade the Raptors an inside presence that they’ve been looking for. The Bulls’ package of Carlos Boozer and Nate Robinson might be more than any other team is willing to offer.
Ben Gordon- Toronto Raptors, Brooklyn Nets
Gordon is a good scorer off the bench, but the Charlotte Bobcats don’t want to pay him the $13.2 million he’s owed next season. The Nets might make a play for him if they can’t land another shooting guard.
Eric Bledsoe- Boston Celtics, Utah Jazz
Bledsoe may be ready to be one of the better starting point guards in the NBA, but he won’t get that chance with Chris Paul in the starting lineup. The Clippers might be able to trade him for a big man like Kevin Garnett or Paul Millsap. However, they are reluctant to deal Bledsoe because there is no guarantee Paul won’t sign somewhere else as a free agent.
Kevin Garnett- Los Angeles Clippers
Rumors of Garnett being sent to L.A. have yet to die down. With Rajon Rondo suffering a season-ending injury, the Boston Celtics don’t have much of a chance to make a run in the playoffs. If they can acquire Bledsoe for the big man, they might pull the trigger on the deal.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- National Ice Cream Day: Most-Ordered Flavors and Toppings by Americans [See Photos]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- No Kevin Love to Cleveland, Andrew Wiggins to Stay with Cavaliers
- Jeremy Lin Only an ‘Expiring Contract’ in Los Angeles; Lakers Want Eric Bledsoe
- Jeremy Lin Demands More Playing Time From Lakers Next Season
- Khloe Kardashian Sympathetic About Ex-Husband Lamar Odom in Recent Instagram Posts
- Rafael Nadal’s Retirement Plan Includes Becoming Pro Poker Player; Spaniard To Unveil New Serve at US Open
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $499 Comes With 5.5-Inch Quad HD Display, Snapdragon 805 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- End of Times Indicators: Japan’s Mount Fuji in ‘Critical State’ to Erupt, Could Affect At Least 1.2M People