NBA Trade Rumors: Smith, Garnett, Bledsoe, Bargnani And Gordon Involved In Speculation
February 19, 2013 9:06 AM EST
NBA teams have until 3 p.m. eastern time on Thursday, Feb. 21 to make a trade in the 2012-2013 season.
Through the first few months, only a few players have been sent to other teams. The biggest deal, so far, involved the Memphis Grizzlies sending Rudy Gay to the Toronto Raptors.
With a few days until the deadline, several big names have been involved in trade rumors. Below are five players that could get traded, and teams that have reportedly had interest in acquiring them.
Josh Smith- Brooklyn Nets, Milwaukee Bucks, Dallas Mavericks, San Antonio Spurs
A source recently told ESPN’s Chris Broussard that there is a 60 percent chance the Atlanta Hawks will trade the star forward. Smith will look to sign a maximum-salary contract this summer, which the Hawks seem to be unwilling to give him. The Bucks might have the most appealing trade piece in Brandon Jennings.
Andrea Bargnani- Chicago Bulls, Philadelphia 76ers, Charlotte Bobcats
The Toronto Raptors are looking to move the former No.1 over draft pick, who’s been disappointing in his career with the team. A club looking for another shooter might be willing to trade the Raptors an inside presence that they’ve been looking for. The Bulls’ package of Carlos Boozer and Nate Robinson might be more than any other team is willing to offer.
Ben Gordon- Toronto Raptors, Brooklyn Nets
Gordon is a good scorer off the bench, but the Charlotte Bobcats don’t want to pay him the $13.2 million he’s owed next season. The Nets might make a play for him if they can’t land another shooting guard.
Eric Bledsoe- Boston Celtics, Utah Jazz
Bledsoe may be ready to be one of the better starting point guards in the NBA, but he won’t get that chance with Chris Paul in the starting lineup. The Clippers might be able to trade him for a big man like Kevin Garnett or Paul Millsap. However, they are reluctant to deal Bledsoe because there is no guarantee Paul won’t sign somewhere else as a free agent.
Kevin Garnett- Los Angeles Clippers
Rumors of Garnett being sent to L.A. have yet to die down. With Rajon Rondo suffering a season-ending injury, the Boston Celtics don’t have much of a chance to make a run in the playoffs. If they can acquire Bledsoe for the big man, they might pull the trigger on the deal.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Jeremy Lin, Chandler Parsons React To 'Role Players' Label By James Harden
- 2014 Commonwealth Games Medal Tally: Games are Through Day 5 and Australia Continues to Dominate Count; Day 5 Highlights
- Roger Federer Not That Good If Different Surfaces Were To Exist – Giles Simon
- Jeremy Lin Should Be Ready to Start for Los Angeles Lakers as Steve Nash Confirms Retirement
- Dan Bilzerian Opens Up to Howard Stern, Poker Pro Admits He Once Had Sex with 16 Women in 12 Days
- Transfer News: Ron Vlaar to Consider Villa Exit, May Move to Tottenham
- AS Roma's Seydou Keita Throws Water Bottle at Real Madrid defender Pepe for Spitting [VIDEO]
- The Mentalist Season 7 Spoilers: CBS Skips Simon Baker's Patrick Jane in Fall Schedule, Josie Loren Joins Cast
- Game of Thrones Season 5 Update: Maisie Williams Talks Arya Stark, Lady Stoneheart, and Surprises
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona, Man Utd to Compete for Juan Cuadrado's Signature as Fiorentina Reveal Willingness to Sell