Arsenal Star Claims AVB Got The Best Out Of Bale
By Vanessa Keller | February 19, 2013 2:44 AM EST
Aaron Ramsey claims Gareth Bale has gotten even better since Andre Villas-Boas took over Tottenham, with the Arsenal star admitting the winger has become unplayable as he continues to keep his side in the top four with match-winning performances.
Bale scored a brace in Spurs' most recent win over Lyon in the Europa League, and the side are currently four points above Arsenal in the table in what looks set to be a tough fight for a Champions League spot.
And Ramsey, who is looking to take the Gunners back into contention for Europe's premier tournament, believes that Villas-Boas's decision to reposition the star has been to his benefit.
"As soon as they moved Bale up the pitch, he has been unplayable," he told The Mirror.
"When Bale first started at Tottenham they were struggling to win whenever he played at left-back, but it is unbelievable how quickly things can change in football.
On Bale's brace against Lyon, he said: "Those free kicks he produced against Lyon on Thursday - I've seen how he does it when we stay behind after training with Wales. He stays behind and practices them and it has paid off for him."
Tottenham and Arsenal play one another on 3 March, and the match could eventually decide who takes a top four place at the end of the season.
Spurs had mixed success during the January transfer window, landing Lewis Holtby but missing out on a striker in the face of injury problems for Jermain Defoe.
The emergence of Bale over the last couple of months couldn't have come at a better time for Villas-Boas, who has taken full advantage of the Wales international's skills to make a serious claim for a Champions League spot.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Chelsea FC: Mourinho Hints Cesc Fabregas Could Succeed John Terry As Club Captain
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions