Armed Gang Film Rape of Wife in Indian Village
By Hannah Osborne | February 19, 2013 2:03 AM EST
Four men in India have filmed themselves gang raping a woman at gunpoint in her own home.
A 30-year-old woman said the men entered her house in Sikri village, in the district of Muzaffarnagar, and attacked her.
The men are believed to have made a film of the attack and are currently being sought by police.
The victim said the group forced their way into her home while her husband was out and raped her at gun point.
She has been sent for a medical examination and police have identified the four attackers, who are currently absconding.
Muzaffarnagar is located in the Uttar Pradesh district west of Delhi. There have been a high number of gang rapes in the area recently.
A 15-year-old girl was beaten up, burned with cigarettes and then gang raped by one of her friends and his companions at the start of the month.
They drove her to an unknown area of Muzaffarnagar and took it in turns to rape her and later dumped her unconscious in a forest on the outskirts of the district.
A few days later, another 30-year-old woman was raped by two people at a school in the Maherbani village. A school guard was arrested after the attack.
On 11 February, Fourteen people were also found guilty of abducting and raping a 15-year-old girl in the area ten years ago.
The girl was kidnapped and gang raped in Basera village in 2003 after her brother eloped with a girl who belonged to a different community.
Five of the accused were found guilty of gang rape, while the other defendants were accused of abduction and other charges. The girl had been locked in a room, beaten and raped. The rapists were sentenced to life in prison.
If found guilty, they face being executed. The attack on a moving bus sparked national fury at violence against women in the country.
Another man, who is 17, will be tried in a juvenile court. The maximum sentence he will receive is three years.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Another Aviation Disaster: Taiwan Plane Crashes, Passengers Aboard Feared Dead [PHOTO]
- 'Dronies' to Become Latest Trend as Tourism New Zealand Buys Drone to Record Tourists' Videos
- Former Destiny’s Child Star Farrah Franklin Arrested
- MH370 Search Efforts Not Affected by MH17 Recovery; Australia Still Committed to Solving Mystery
- Asylum Seeker Women in Australia-Run Christmas Island Attempt Suicide in Desperation
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- Sony Xperia M2 vs. Moto G – Specifications, Features and Price Showdown